SkyTrain in a Vodafone ad

Vodafone Stadium from Laurent MAKOWSKI on Vimeo.

A few days ago, I posted a clip of Granville Station in the TV show Caprica. So I thought I’d continue with another TV spot showing the SkyTrain: a Vodafone ad from Europe that was shot in Vancouver last year.

The SkyTrain was shot near Stadium Station, and I actually had the fine privilege of supervising this shoot in the wee hours of the morning :)

• By Jeff Summers, April 24, 2009 @ 11:11 am

Interesting Ad….perhaps more interesting is as you watch it pull out of Stadium Station they somehow un-branded the Mark 2 train that is only 3 cars long instead of the standard (and I thought required) 4.

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, April 24, 2009 @ 11:18 am

It does look 3 cars long! Mk IIs are definitely either in 2s or 4s, so there must have been some digital alterations in the editing process. The ad was shot so long ago that I can’t remember which type of MkII was used originally in the shoot: I’m about 90% sure it was a 4-car, though.

• By Derek Cheung, April 24, 2009 @ 1:41 pm

Also note that the train is going outbound on the inbound track…

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, April 24, 2009 @ 1:45 pm

Also true. It was manually operated for the ad.

• By Bryan, April 24, 2009 @ 4:58 pm

If you pause it at 0:12 and 0:13 you can see the operator, camera equipment, Actors inside the Skytrain and the fleet number which correct me if I’m wrong is 227. But I think they did some editing because the Translink Logo’s and words, Skytrain logo, words and paint scheme were removed but they left the number, Website decals and a couple of the TransLink logo’s and words on the side of the cars, plus if you look at it a couple of the door lines on the first car are missing.

• By Eugene Wong, April 24, 2009 @ 10:55 pm

Thanks for sharing! More of these types of blog entries, please. I like to know where our transit system is featured.

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, April 27, 2009 @ 1:47 pm

Btw: the TransLink & SkyTrain logos were all removed from the train digitally. It’s a TransLink requirement that our logos are not visible in movie/tv/ad shoots like this.

Eugene: Definitely! I’ll do a bit more investigating and see what other clips I can turn up.

• By Mike, April 30, 2009 @ 7:08 pm

How about a couple of clips from the movie “Paycheck”, where there are various of our vehicles in use?

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, May 1, 2009 @ 8:49 am

Nice work, Mike — our transit system is definitely in Paycheck! :) I have something prepped for the next little while already — it’ll be up early next week!

• By Alex, May 21, 2009 @ 11:18 pm

It looks like an A-B-A consist.

• By Adam Santos, August 12, 2009 @ 2:32 pm

The shot @ 0:04 with the little boy was filmed at a Historic Apartment building in Haro Park at 1200 Haro Street in Downtown Vancouver

How do i know, Because i live near there and they posted Letters saying no parking near haro park… and i went there the day they shot, it was raining…

• By clomid, June 9, 2010 @ 4:14 pm

Help my can claritin cause sun sensitivity fien out a histology at the skinny humane sooooooooo and satisfy bitten.