ALERT!  More info

Tonight: #531, #595, community shuttle open house at Langley Public Library

You may have seen this in your local papers, but tonight, there will be a TransLink open house at Langley Public Library, 20399 Douglas Cres, from 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

The open house will discuss the new routes #531 and #595, plus improvements proposed for Langley Community Shuttle routes. (We’re thinking of introducing a new Langley/White Rock Centre route and enhancing existing shuttle routings, frequencies, and hours of operation.)

Please come and review the proposed improvements and share your thoughts!

For further info, please contact Vincent Gonsalves, Community Relations Coordinator, at vincent_gonsalves@translink.bc.ca or 604-453-3043.

• By Rob M, May 11, 2009 @ 7:10 pm

Oh yeah sure, schedule an open house for during the Canucks game so nobody will show up. Way to go, Translink.

I’m a Langley resident, and I’ve never even heard of the 595. What will it be?

• By Donald, May 11, 2009 @ 8:05 pm

To be fair to Translink, it is playoffs season where schedules are unpredictable. The #595 will be a Langley Centre to Haney Place service via Walnut Grove and Maple Meadows West Coast Express Station. The bus will connect these two regional centres and provide Langley residents a connection to the West Coast Express.

• By CJ Stebbing, May 11, 2009 @ 9:22 pm

Wasnt the route for the golden ears bridge suppost to be the 555????? thats what i heard….

And i agree with you rob, who in their right mind would go to this during a canuck game, let alone on short notice!

• By Eugene Wong, May 11, 2009 @ 10:08 pm

I think that NHL hockey is just a game. We can make money doing it, and have fun, but transit is important.

Maybe the negative answer to the negative question is, “People who have better priorities, and/or people who don’t like sports, will go.”.

Honestly, a lot of the people who attend will have the same views as those who don’t attend.

Also, it’s not as if being there in person gives us a better voice. We can phone & email also.

• By Andrew Joyce, May 11, 2009 @ 11:00 pm

I heard from a bus driver that the 364 is apparently supposed to be extended to go across the Golden Ears bridge to Haney in June as well. Don’t know if that’s true but it would be cool if it was.

• By Eugene Wong, May 11, 2009 @ 11:40 pm

If that were true, then all I can say is, “Wow!”. I live near Scottsdale Exchange, so that would get me to Haney in about 1.5 hours. I would be happy about that.

Unfortunately, I don’t need to go there anymore. :^(

Actually, maybe that’s a good thing. 1.5 hours is a long time.

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, May 12, 2009 @ 1:36 pm

Andrew — you’re sort of half right about the #364. It isn’t actually being extended — the #364 and #595 are being interlined, meaning that a bus that arrives to Langley as a 364 will, after its recovery, make a trip to Haney Place as a 595.

• By Eugene Wong, May 12, 2009 @ 2:51 pm

;^) *sigh*
    ;^)
    ;^) Jhenifer, we’ve been for answers to our questions. What took so long?!?

:^D Just kidding. Just kidding. Thanks for all your responses, especially about the 3 doors. I thought that there were 3 doors, and was puzzled about his comment. I appreciate the time that you put into all of this.

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, May 12, 2009 @ 3:04 pm

Thanks Eugene — I’m glad to help :)