More Olympic and transportation links and tidbits

The N9, running its 24 hour service at 3 a.m. on Monday February 15!

The N9, running its 24 hour service at 3 a.m. on Monday February 15!

Sweet sassy molassy, there are way too many Olympic-slash-transportation links out there!

• By Sean, February 20, 2010 @ 9:31 am

An estimated 1,000 walk on passengers from Swartz Bay arrive dinto Tsawwassen at 8:40am this morning… Richmond road supervisors sent numerous articulated buses out there to pick up the arriving passengers and to take them to the Canada Line… Similar loads expected on later ferries…

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, February 20, 2010 @ 9:39 am

Good info Sean! Keep us all posted.
    You’re driving out of Richmond Transit Centre, right?

• By Sean, February 20, 2010 @ 9:44 am

Yep, i’m an RTC Op… Done one of the “extra” a.m. ferry buses for the past week, but off now for 3 days…

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, February 20, 2010 @ 9:50 am

Lucky you — I just got word that two BC Ferries with 1,400 passengers just arrived at Tsawwassen! 10 buses are running full to Bridgeport Station right now. What a way to start the weekend!

• By Sally, February 20, 2010 @ 10:25 am

I think Translink has been great over the Olympics. I do have a pass which makes it easier for me, but all the same, I have seen no bad-tempered transit workers/passengers. Great job, Translink : )

• By Cliff, February 22, 2010 @ 9:33 pm

Technically speaking, the N9 only runs at night, not 24 hours. It’s only 24 hours in the sense that it allows for near uninterrupted service along the routes it traverses.

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, February 22, 2010 @ 9:48 pm

Cliff: I know. But I still feel that qualifies as 24 hours :)