I Love Transit Week 2010: let’s make some new transit buttons!

A sampling of the I Love Transit buttons that will be available! Four of these have been designed by the smart and talented <a href=

A sampling of the I Love Transit buttons that will be available! Four of these have been designed by the smart and talented Jason Vanderhill.

As we’re going to do I Love Transit Week again in July (see this post for info), it seems time to add some new button designs into the mix!

Send suggestions for 1-inch button designs (or actual designs if you like) to thebuzzer@translink.ca by Thursday, June 24: that gives me enough time to get them to our button designer to get them produced. If there are a lot of designs suggested, I’ll have a vote for the top five or so favourites to be made!

The new designs, of course, will be produced and distributed on I Love Transit Night (Thursday July 15! Find out more here!). I’ll rustle up some transit goodies for those whose button designs are made.

Check below to see images of our current button designs (six of which are by the fabulous Jason Vanderhill), and links to one-inch button templates and design guidelines, if you want to go that far :)

The complete set of transit buttons we have on hand. Photo by <a href=

The complete set of transit buttons we have on hand. Photo by Graham Ballantyne!

You can also see each individual button at this link.

One-inch button design links and advice that I’ve scrounged up through the Google:

• By Daniel, June 14, 2010 @ 3:52 pm

How about the hybrid sticker on a button!

• By Ric, June 14, 2010 @ 7:11 pm

Jhenifer, I was wondering if we are allowed to take one of each button design so that we have a complete set, or are we limited to one button?

I know that you mailed me a set, however, there will be new designs, plus I realized that I am still missing a couple of the buttons from the previous set after looking at the designs on this blog post.

• By Nicholas, June 14, 2010 @ 8:23 pm

In addition to the transit buttons – which look so adorable – I think we should get some lapel pins made with the same designs!

• By SkyTrainBoy348, June 14, 2010 @ 9:57 pm

Oh Wow!!!!! I like that new SkyTrain button it looks so cool.

• By Tim Choi, June 14, 2010 @ 11:17 pm

Burrard Pacific Breeze! :D

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, June 15, 2010 @ 10:11 am

Nicholas: Well, I’m sticking with buttons because it costs a lot more to make metal lapel pins — but you are certainly welcome to make your own :)

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, June 15, 2010 @ 10:12 am

Ric: You can have as many pins as you like. I sent you what we had available at the time, and we didn’t have all of the button designs on hand.

• By Daniel, June 15, 2010 @ 7:32 pm

Hey Jen could you send me a set of the new buttons?

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, June 16, 2010 @ 10:39 am

Daniel: We haven’t made any new buttons yet. But I understand you would like them when they are made. If you just e-mail me your address I can arrange to have some sent to you once they are produced in July.

• By Katrina Rollo, May 23, 2016 @ 8:26 pm

Invaluable ideas – I Appreciate the points – Does someone know if I would be able to find a blank CBP I-94 document to use ?

1. Twitter Trackbacks for The Buzzer blog » I Love Transit Week 2010: let’s make some new transit buttons! [translink.ca] on Topsy.com — June 14, 2010 @ 1:11 pm