The Honda Celebration of Light starts this weekend (July 27, 31 and August 3)! As usual, TransLink is adding service to accommodate riders who want to enjoy the fun.
English Bay and surrounding areas are popular spots to view the display. If you’re taking transit to get there, you’ll want to read our Celebration of Light page and take particular notice of the “SkyTrain Crowd Management Procedures” section. It has info about per-purchaseing return tickets, not holding seats for others well ahead of time, taking a bike and using elevators on transit, as well as access to Granville, Yaletown-Roundhouse and Waterfront Stations.
- Additional trains will be added beginning mid-afternoon to all three lines
- Every available train will be added after the show to accommodate customers leaving the downtown area
- The last trains on the Expo/Millennium Line will leave Waterfront for King George at 1:16 a.m.
- The last Canada Line train will leave Waterfront for Richmond-Brighouse at 1:15 a.m.
- Trains will continue to run until everyone has been picked up from the downtown platforms (customers must be inside the stations when the gates are closed).
- We’ll have additional buses available on all three nights, with transit supervisors monitoring the situation to deploy the buses as needed.
- Customers arriving by SkyTrain can transfer at Burrard Station to the #5 or #22, but due to the traffic restrictions in the West End during that time, the #5 will only go as far as Robson and Denman, then turn back via Georgia to the regular route. The #22 will go as far as Burrard and
Davie, and the #6 will also turn around at Burrard and Davie.
- West Vancouver Transit will also have additional buses running from Horseshoe Bay and 25th/Marine, but the majority of special buses will go to and from Park Royal, where there’s ample free parking. For return trips, buses will be staged at key locations along Georgia Street (particularly Georgia and Denman) from approximately 10:45 p.m. Shuttle bus service will also be provided to the smaller celebration area at Dundarave in West Vancouver.
- SeaBus will provide 15-minute service starting at 9:15 a.m., 10-minute service from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and then extend its 15-minute service until 11:45 p.m. On July 31 and August 1, SeaBus will extend its 15-minute service until 11:45 p.m.
West Coast Express
- Extra West Coast Express service will be provided on August 3 only, leaving Mission City at 7 p.m. The return train to Mission City departs Waterfront Station at midnight.
Remember, you can sign up for Transit Alerts at translink.ca/alerts, visit m.translink.ca, follow TransLink on Twitter @TransLink or call Customer Service at 604.953.3333 before or during the three nights. Enjoy the lights everyone!