Hello hello! Although, you may have seen a few of my posts already, I’m happy to get my official introduction to you.
While I’m relatively new to the TransLink communications team, I’m not new to the organization.
Previously, I worked in communications at Coast Mountain Bus Company, where I learned the nitty gritty about the bus world. Now that I’m a quasi bus nerd, I’ve become the go-to bus expert in communications.
Like most of my TransLink peeps, I use transit ALL. THE. TIME. Although I share a car with my husband, it’s so busy in Vancouver and I absolutely hate traffic, so I much prefer to walk or take SkyTrain (hello, Mark III).
My favourite bus route is #99 – I love that I never have to check the schedule and it’s super handy for me!
My best transit memory was when I was working at Coast Mountain Bus Company, I had the opportunity to learn more about Transit Security firsthand. Read more about my experience in Bike Patrol training.
I will hopefully be posting and interacting with all of you on a regular basis.
Stay tuned to the blog so you’re in the loop on new and exciting TransLink projects.
Some of my favourite things include:
- Chicken strips and fries (I’m 29 going on 12)
- All things CATS!
- Reality TV (it’s so bad, it’s good)
- My weekend wardrobe: aka jeans and hoodies
- Costco (my faves: peanut butter, cereal, rotisserie chickens and pot pie)
- First job: McDonald’s, but mostly in the drive-thru. That’s where they put the all-stars.
- First car: ‘89 Dodge Aries in maroon. The lock on the driver’s side door was broken, so I’d unlock it on the passenger side and crawl over to the driver’s seat EVERY TIME.
- Favourite chain restaurant: Red Robin. The only place where you can get a plate of fries as an appy for FREE!
Author: Jessica Hewitt