Look out, drivers: after a month of free crossings, electronic tolling on TransLink’s Golden Ears Bridge starts Thursday, July 16.
And just a heads up: to prepare for the launch, the bridge’s outside lanes in both directions will close at 8 p.m. this week, reopening for the morning rush the next day. This is to allow final preparations of the cameras used in the Quickpass tolling system, and will be completed before July 16.
Remember, you can register your vehicle for a lower toll rate. There’s three ways to access the registration process:
- online at www.quickpasstolling.ca*
- call 604-460-5050, or call toll-free at 1-877-299-0599*
- or visit the Quickpass customer service centre in Pitt Meadows (12167 Harris Road) or Langley (12-8948 202nd Street).
*If you call or register online for a transponder, it will be mailed to you.
You can also pick one of three ways to register your vehicle for the Quickpass tolling system:
- Lease a Quickpass transponder and save 30% off the standard toll rate. (Transponders are $1 a month plus a $10 refundable deposit.)
- Register as a Quickpass video customer and save 15% off the standard toll rate. (You won’t carry a transponder this way.)
- Pay as you go and pay the standard toll rate.
So far, over 12,000 people have leased a transponder! And for those who have leased but not yet received their transponders, they will be delivered prior to July 16. Make sure to install your transponder before July 16 to ensure you receive the lowest toll rate.