There are loads of festivities and, hopefully, relaxing planned for this weekend. In order to make your three days off as smooth as possible, it’s a good idea to take note of changes and additions to transit service over the next few days. Here goes…
Celebration of Light
- Rush-hour level of SkyTrain service
- More SeaBus sailings
- Extra buses to and from Downtown before and after the event
- The #5, #6, #22, C21, and C23 will be rerouted between 7:30 p.m. and 11 p.m.
- A special West Coast Express train for the finale (Aug 6)
- Extra transit police and city police on duty
- There will also be a bike valet – See www.vancouverfireworks.ca  for more info
Vancouver Pride Parade
- The #5 and #6 will be rerouted between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- C21 will be rerouted between 6 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Extra city police on duty
- Check translink.ca before you go for the latest transit info
- See www.vancouverpride.ca  for more info
All transit services will run on a Sunday/holiday schedule for B.C. Day (Aug 1), meaning single-zone FareCards work in all zones. And if you have an adult FareCard, West Coast Express 28-Day Pass or Employee Transit Pass, you can take five children or one adult and four children on transit with you for free!
Have a great and safe long weekend everyone!