Here’s a link to the media release  regarding this news.
The changes to the tariff include the discontinuation of the following:
- Employer Pass Program effective January 1, 2014. This program provided an extra 15 per cent discount to members and required a 12 month commitment. Customers can continue to purchase monthly passes.
- FareSaver tickets will begin transitioning out as early as January 1, 2014. A discount on regular fares will be provided within the new stored value option for Compass Cards.
- Free travel for family members of monthly pass holders on Sundays and holidays effective January 1, 2014.
- West Coast Express 7-day pass effective January 1, 2014. Existing ticket machines will begin transitioning out in November.
- West Coast Express 28-day pass effective January 1, 2014. Customers will be able to purchase a calendar monthly pass. Existing ticket machines will begin transitioning out in November.
- West Coast Express $1 fee for bikes. Customers on West Coast Express can now transport bicycles for free.
These changes are intened to create more equity and fairness in the system; TransLink took a good, hard look at our programs to determine which ones still make sense. With these changes, riders will see fairer discounts to their fares – on all modes of transit throughout the region.
TravelSmart  will continue to work with companies, municipalities and customers to promote healthy and sustainable transit options for riders. For more information on these changes, check the tariff changes FAQs .