Ready, set, GOOOOO!!!! TransLink will extend transit services to help runners and their fans get where they need to go before and following the Vancouver Sun Run on Sunday, April 27.
The quick facts:
- Expo and Millennium Lines will leave King George Station at 6:38 a.m. & Lougheed Station at 6:45 a.m.
- Canada Line will begin service at 4:48 a.m.
- Coast Mountain Bus will provide regular Sunday service, with detours in effect in the West End and along Georgia Street.
- The SeaBus will leave Lonsdale Quay at 7 a.m. and every 15 minutes from Waterfront until 2:45 p.m.
- West Coast Express will depart Mission at 7 a.m. and arrive downtown at 8:15 a.m. The return trip will leave Waterfront at 1 p.m.
- West Vancouver Blue Bus will provide regular Sunday service, with increased frequency on the 250 in the morning and after the run.
- BEST’s Bicycle Valet, will once again offer cyclists temporary and free storage at Gate F on the second level of BC Place.
To prevent long line-ups after the Sun Run, SkyTrain customers can pre-purchase return tickets prior to the race. Portable fareboxes will be set up at Bridgeport, Burrard, Granville, King George, and Vancouver City Centre stations. They will also be set up at Stadium-Chinatown and Yaletown-Roundhouse stations for up to one hour after the race. Exact cash fare is required and tickets will be valid until late afternoon.
Due to crowding and safety concerns, cyclists may need to wait to take their bikes on SkyTrain until the crowds clear.
For more service information follow TransLink on Twitter @TransLink or call Customer Service at 604.953.3333.
Author: Angela Salehi