Today on Bus Route Buzz , we’ve got some great news for Richmond as we continue the first round of bus improvements that the 10-Year Vision will bring over the next three years!
Richmond, are you ready for your close-up?
311 Scottsdale/Bridgeport Station
- Improved weekday service to operate every 15 minutes, up from every 20 minutes, from 6-7 a.m.
301 Richmond Brighouse/Newton Exchange
- Improve weekday service to operate every 15 minutes, up from 20 minutes, from 6-9 a.m. and 3-5 p.m.
We heard you!
401 Garden City/One Road
We’re improving service during the AM and PM peaks to provide a more reliable service to our customers. These changes will better match customer demand and reduce crowding and pass ups.
- Improved and consistent morning service to every 8 minutes from 7-8:30 a.m., every 10 minutes between 8:30-9 a.m. and every 12 minutes from 9-9:30 a.m.
- Improved and consistent afternoon service to operate every 8 minutes from 4-6 p.m. and every 12 minutes from 6-6:30 p.m.
- Improved late night service to every 30 minutes from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m.
410 22nd Street Station/Railway
We’re increasing service to better meet the needs of our customers. Many customers will experience shorter wait times for buses and between transfer connections, as well as reduce crowding and pass ups.
Weekday AM peak improvements:
- We’ve added additional service from 6-9 a.m.
Weekday PM peak improvements:
- We’ve added additional service from 2:30-7 p.m.
- We’ve added additional service from 1:30-4 p.m. and 10 p.m.-12 a.m.
- We’ve added additional service from 10 p.m.-12 a.m.
480 Bridgeport Station/UBC
- AM, midday, PM Service operates every 20 minutes.
- Early evening service operates every 30 minutes, reduced from 15-20 minutes.
- Last trip to UBC Loop is at 7:50 p.m. and the last trip from Bridgeport Station is at 7:01 p.m.
Regular service will resume in September.
601 South Delta/Boundary Bay/Bridgeport Station
- Provides service every 20 minutes (up from 30 minutes) on the weekend between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- We’re increasing service to better match customer demand and reduce wait times for buses and transfer connections.
620 Tsawwassen Ferry/Bridgeport Station (Seasonal)
Additional trips to the Tsawwassen Ferry terminal are back!
Service increases to two buses every hour, up from one per hour, to coincide with the summer ferry schedule. Be sure to check the BC Ferries schedules !
- Seasonal service runs from April 24th until September 4th (Labour Day – inclusive).
Regular service will start on September 5, 2017.
Until next time, Bus Route Buzzers, ride on!
Author: Adrienne Coling