Upgrades to Joyce-Collingwood Station are well underway. The new bus loop at Joyce-Collingwood Station is now complete – a milestone in the TransLink Maintenance and Repair Program that’s improving aging infrastructure across the system.
The next phase of construction will start next week, with crews completing necessary upgrade work.
The west stationhouse at Joyce–Collingwood SkyTrain Station will be closed from August 13 until spring 2019 as station improvements continue. During construction, the station will remain open and accessible to all customers.
Where do I catch my bus or SkyTrain?
Beginning August 13, customers will use the east stationhouse and newly-constructed bus loop to access SkyTrain and buses.
- Buses will move to the new bus loop adjacent to the east stationhouse.
- From August 13 to spring 2019, the west stationhouse will close and customers can catch their bus at the new bus loop adjacent to the east stationhouse.
- The bus loop has larger shelters and is the new permanent location for the 28 and 41/43 routes.
Are there any changes to SkyTrain service?
From August 17 until the fall, tiling work resumes at Joyce–Collingwood Station on the eastbound platform following completion of tiling work on the westbound platform. On Fridays at 9 p.m. until the end of service on Sundays, eastbound trains will not stop at Joyce–Collingwood.
Customers travelling east who wish to exit at Joyce–Collingwood must:
- Travel east past Joyce–Collingwood to Patterson Station;
- Cross the platform to board a westbound train back to Joyce–Collingwood;
- Exit at Joyce–Collingwood Station from the westbound platform.
Customers wanting to board eastbound trains at Joyce–Collingwood will have to:
- Catch the westbound train to 29th Avenue Station,
- Cross the platform,
- And take the next train heading east.
Westbound trains will continue to stop at Joyce–Collingwood as normal.
Extra staff will be at Joyce-Collingwood, 29th Avenue and Patterson stations to assist.
What work is happening?
Phase one upgrades to the east stationhouse were completed in June 2017 and the improved east stationhouse bus loop opens August 13. Customers will enjoy:
- Larger shelters
- A new, more convenient permanent stop for the 28, 41, and 43 bus routes.
Phase two upgrades to the west stationhouse are underway with an expected completion date of spring 2019.
The upgrades include:
- A new elevator and escalator,
- An extended roof over the SkyTrain platform to keep customers dry,
- Better lighting and a redesigned interior,
- And additional pedestrian and cycling improvements.
Are there any traffic changes?
Later this summer, Vanness Avenue between the west stationhouse bus loop and McGeer Street will permanently become one-way traffic (westbound only), to improve road safety and ensure safe bus operations.
We recognize that this is a major impact to our customers and we thank everyone for their patience while we improve Joyce-Collingwood Station.
You can find more information about this upgrade work at Joyce–Collingwood Station Upgrades Project. 
Author: Tanushree Pillai