We’re beyond pleased to share that Coast Mountain Bus Company, and Unifor Locals 111 and 2200 have reached a tentative agreement! We’re working towards providing regular schedules for all transit modes.
While the SkyTrain, West Coast Express and HandyDART will continue to operate  during the anticipated three-day strike, we recognize it will be a challenge for the our 350,000 customers who rely on bus and SeaBus services each weekday to get around.
That’s why TransLink’s doing what we can by facilitating options so commuters can reach their destination or connect to transit that’s operating regular schedules. It’s our job to keep the region moving. We’ve reached out to our partners to help give some relief.
Carsharing provides access to personal vehicles on demand.
Carshare is located throughout Metro Vancouver with both one-way drop off and return-to-home location services. Where possible customers are encouraged to carpool to ensure more cars are available.
There are several carshare vehicles located within walking distance of SkyTrain, SeaBus, and major transit hubs throughout Metro Vancouver.
- SHARE NOW (car2go) : Vancouver, City of North Vancouver, UBC, Park Royal and the airport
- Evo : Vancouver, New Westminster, City of North Vancouver, UBC and Burnaby
- Modo : Vancouver, UBC, Burnaby, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Surrey, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, and Horseshoe Bay, Richmond
- Zipcar : Vancouver
Carshare vehicles can be parked free of charge at available on-street parking and designated parking locations, including some metered parking spaces.
Parking and Service Areas
During the transit disruption we’re working hard with our partners to expand carshare parking spaces at key transit hubs and Park & Rides. Providers are extending their service areas and providing extra staff to redistribute their fleets. Stay tuned for further updates.
- UBC will be providing overflow carshare parking across from Thunderbird Stadium on Stadium Road as well as Parking Lot C2
- BCIT and Capilano University has permitted Evo members to park anywhere on their campuses
- To create more parking near Production Way–University Station, parking meters will be covered by the City of Burnaby to create drop off zones and will add 2-hour parking zones.
- Temporary home zones will be set up at the bottom of Burnaby Mountain
Modo and Evo spots at Park & Ride locations
We also offer Modo and Evo users access to several Park & Ride locations.
- King George Station
- Scott Road Station
- Coquitlam Central Station
- Lougheed Town Centre Station
- Edmonds Station
- Braid Station
- Port Coquitlam
- Braid Station
- Columbia Station
In order to ensure we’re reducing congestion and helping get people where they need to go, we have reached out to carpooling organizations to arrange some quick mobilization of some solutions.
Not to be confused with end-to-end car-sharing and ride-hailing services, carpooling helps private car owners find ride matches with the same route & schedule to share car journeys.
Carpooling provides people with a way to reduce costs and stress of commuting and in most cases allows drivers to make extra cash and reduce commutes by utilizing HOV (high-occupancy vehicle) lanes to get to where you’re going faster.