We know that fast, frequent service is key to getting more people onto transit — that’s why we’ve introduced a new service called RapidBus! It comes with faster travel times, more reliable service and new customer amenities.
On these routes, customers will enjoy service that’s up to 20 per cent faster than local bus service. Coming every 10 minutes or better during peak hours and every 15 minutes or better in non-peak hours, customers can now catch a RapidBus on these four routes:
- R1 King George Blvd (Guildford Exchange/Newton Exchange)
- Every eight minutes during peak hours
- R3 Lougheed Hwy (Coquitlam Central Station/Haney Place)
- Every ten minutes during peak hours
- R4 41st Ave (UBC/Joyce-Collingwood Station)
- Every three to six minutes during peak hours
- R5 Hastings St (SFU/Burrard Station)
- Every four to five minutes during peak hours
Time-savings have been achieved by introducing bus priority on roadways, such as bus lanes and signal priority, and less stopping.
What’s awesome about RapidBus is not only the service itself, but the new customer amenities at bus stops and onboard buses!
We’ve introduced new bus stops, called RapidBus posts, that have real-time information, telling you upcoming departure times for all the buses that use that stop. There’s an audio button customers can push to hear these next-bus announcements too. The RapidBus routes will also use 60-foot articulated buses that have softer seats.
Isn’t the new RapidBus service great?! We want everyone to know about this new service and could use some help in spreading the word. We want to give you the chance to win a RapidBus prize back that includes a RapidBus toque, gloves and the new model that just dropped on the TransLink Store .
Keep reading to find out how you can enter to win.
Enter to win!
There are three prize packs up for grabs with each of the following:
- A RapidBus t-shirt
- A RapidBus model
- A RapidBus toque
- Pair of RapidBus gloves
- A handful of RapidBus buttons
- A handful of RapidBus stickers
- A handful of I Love Transit buttons
To enter, simply complete one — or all — of the following actions:
- Comment below telling us which RapidBus route you’ll be taking and where you’ll be going (1 entry)
- Follow @TransLink  on Instagram, like this post  and tag three friends you’d like to tell about RapidBus. (1 entry)
- Follow @TransLink  on Twitter, and tweet or retweet the following message. (1 entry)
— TransLink BC (@TransLink) February 24, 2020 
If you do all three actions, you’ll be entered to win three times! Don’t forget to make sure your social media accounts are public so we can see your entry.
Check out the official RapidBus Prize Pack Contest Terms and Conditions , but here’s the lowdown:
- The contest for a RapidBus prize pack will open on Monday, February 24, 2020 and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, March 8, 2020. Late entries will not be considered.
- We’ll do one draw each for The Buzzer blog, Instagram and Twitter.
- One entry per method, per person, per day.