During these challenging times, we want to make sure that all TransLink customers feel informed and can access the resources they need.
Below you’ll find a list of services and resources available to you and your family here in Metro Vancouver:
- Find the latest information and resources related to COVID-19 from the BC Centre for Disease Control , Government of BC , Government of Canada  and World Health Organization .
- Get local information for Fraser Health-area residents  or Vancouver Coastal Health-area residents .
- Use the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool  to help determine whether you may need a further assessment or testing.
- If you believe you have symptoms or would like to talk to a nurse, dietitian, exercise professional or pharmacist at HealthLink BC , call 8-1-1, or for the deaf and hard of hearing, call 7-1-1.
- Access non-medical COVID-19 related information and services in BC by calling 1-888-COVID19 or texting 604-630-0300.
- Learn how to manage COVID-19 stress, anxiety and depression , and support one another during these challenging times.
- Learn what physical distancing means  and how to self-isolate .
- Find information for vulnerable people , including those living with health conditions and older people.
Social & Community Services
- Get information and referrals to a full range of community, social, and government services , including a volunteer matching service for seniors who need support, by calling 2-1-1.
- Find food bank locations  and hours for community food hubs across BC.
- Get confidential support for victims of crime and family and sexual violence  by calling VictimLink BC at 1-800-563-0808.
- For young people in any moment of crisis or need, start a confidential conversation with a Kids Help Phone  counsellor by texting 686868 or calling 1-800-668-6868.
- Get support if you’re a renter or landlord , or a homeowner facing financial stress .
- Request temporary emergency child care  if you’re an essential service worker.
- Read information for pet owners  in BC.
- Get inspired by Keep Learning BC , which offers parents and caregivers ideas for everyday educational activities for children.
- Access support for individuals, businesses, and industries through the Canadian Emergency Response Benefit .
- Learn about the BC Emergency Benefit for Workers , which provides a one-time $1,000 payment for people who lost income.
- Discuss options to refund Compass Card monthly pass by calling 1-888-207-4055, or refund West Coast Express monthly parking pass by emailing  or calling 604-488-8906.
- Learn what TransLink is doing  to keep the system safe and clean.
- Sign up for TransLink’s transit alerts  to be notified about disruptions, updates, or changes to the transit services you take.
- Find official travel advice and advisories  whether you’re travelling in Canada or abroad.
- Learn about the temporarily reduced sailings  on some BC Ferries routes.
- For alternative travel options, learn about cycling in Metro Vancouver .
- Find out how to donate to your local food bank .
- Learn how to donate blood  with Canadian Blood Services.
- Help the most vulnerable  with the United Way of the Lower Mainland.
- Submit an offer if you’re a business that can supply products and services  in support of BC’s COVID-19 response.
- Help seniors in your community  by volunteering to check in on them or drop off supplies.
If you have any other helpful links or ideas, add it to the comment section below or send us an email !
Author: Rebecca Abel