You’ll now be able to collect online deliveries from smart lockers situated at three SkyTrain stations. PigeonBox, the winners of the 2019 Open Call for Innovation , are bringing smart lockers to Joyce-Collingwood, Stadium-Chinatown, and Commercial-Broadway stations.
“One of our core and consistent objectives has been improving the customer experience on transit,” says TransLink CEO Kevin Desmond. “In addition to providing a new and convenient option for our customers, this initiative can also help to reduce the number of trips people take to collect packages.”
How does it work?
- First, register for free to use a locker on the PigeonBox website .
- Customers can then use the provided PigeonBox address as their mailing address when making any online purchase.
- PigeonBox will then deliver your package to the SkyTrain station of your choice.
- Once the order is complete and delivered, PigeonBox will send you a unique access code for a smart locker.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- PigeonBox sanitizes the locker and touch screen upon each delivery.
- Operations staff wear gloves and masks while handling and interacting with lockers
“PigeonBox is excited to offer a secure and contactless pickup solution to the growing number of online shoppers at locations that are highly convenient” says PigeonBox CEO Seunghwan Son. “PigeonBox’s vision is to become an integral part of e-commerce’s distribution channel and make e-commerce more accessible by giving online shoppers more pickup choices”.
This initiative is a one-year pilot from the TransLink Tomorrow program  to test the demand for smart locker services on the transit system. The continuation and expansion of this service will be determined by the results of the pilot.
About Open Call for Innovation
There were over 45 proposals submitted in TransLink’s second annual Open Call for Innovation  to help innovate and enhance customer journeys. The 2019 finalists were selected through an internal panel. Previous winners include a shared mobility service with Evo, Modo , and Mobi , and a partnership with carpooling company, Poparide .
The Open Call platform is an opportunity to partner with industry leaders, innovators, academics and policymakers to collaborate on new mobility solutions that will help enhance the livability of Metro Vancouver and address transportation-related challenges that we face as a region.