On Monday, December 26, there will be temporary changes to the way you access Metrotown Station.
What you need to know:
- We expect large crowds and we will change pedestrian traffic patterns, depending on the conditions.
- Customers should plan for additional travel time on the system and out of the station as we expect an influx of thousands of passengers on Boxing Day.
- You will tap in and out of the station as normally, to ensure you are charged the correct fare.
- Shuttles will continue to operate as elevator and escalators are out of service.
- Customers who require the use of an elevator or escalator are strongly encouraged to take the accessible shuttle from Patterson Station.
- Customers travelling with strollers or large bulky items should take the shuttle from Royal Oak or Patterson stations.
- Always follow signage and directions from traffic flaggers, SkyTrain staff and Transit Police
- Please travel up and down staircases slowly as we expect additional crowding on stairways.
**Please note: Depending on crowding, SkyTrain staff may choose to change pedestrian travel patterns.
Four flaggers will be at the crosswalks on Central Boulevard, additional SkyTrain attendants and Transit Police officers will be at the station to help direct customers to the mall and the platform.
We understand that this is a busy shopping and travelling day for our customers and we want to make sure the platform is cleared quickly to ensure crowding is kept to a minimum.
Have questions about boxing day plan? Tweet us @TransLink and ask away!
Author: Jessica Hewitt