We’re making major improvements to the pedestrian walkway at Commercial–Broadway Station to better connect you to Millennium Line platforms from the Expo Line.
To do this work, the pedestrian walkway to the Millennium Line trains (Platforms 1 and 2) at Commercial–Broadway Station will narrow.
Construction crews will partially demolish and reconstruct the existing walkway over the Grandview Cut.
The crossing will be narrowed through various phases. At the narrowest, the walkway will be reduced by 1.5 metres.
When construction is complete, the new pedestrian walkway to Platforms 1 and 2 will be 14 metres wide, roughly doubling the existing space for one of our busiest stations!
- Access to the station and from the platform will not change. Customers can continue to use the stairs, escalators and elevators to access the platform.
- The walkway narrowing will not affect SkyTrain service.
- Hoarding has been put up along the entire length of the walkway. Additional lighting will be installed to ensure the area is well lit.
Station upgrades include:
- New east platform serving westbound Expo Line trains.
- New pedestrian walkway over Broadway, connecting the platform to the Millennium Line platforms and the westbound 99 B-Line stop.
- Permanent queuing system and bus shelter for the 99 B-Line stop.
- Widening of the walkway that provides access to the north station platforms (Platforms 1 and 2).
- Two new elevators and four escalators (two going up and two going down from the platforms).
- Expanded Broadway concourse.
- Widened Broadway entrances to the Broadway Station.
- New retail spaces in Broadway Station.
- Replacement of mesh panels with glazed panels at platform level.
- New lighting design to respond to specific conditions in the station.
- New bike storage room that will accommodate 70+ bikes.
For more information on this project, call 604.953.3333
or visit translink.ca/commercialbroadway.
Author: Adrienne Coling