Posts tagged: Bus Route Buzz
Bus Route Buzz is our series that takes a deep dive into quarterly service changes. This edition takes a look at improvements South of the Fraser.
TransLink makes bus service changes every quarter (spring, summer, fall and winter), to reflect seasonal changes in demand and bring more service to where customers need it most. This winter, we’re improving bus service to reduce overcrowding and wait times, expand service hours, and increase reliability.
Bus Route Buzz is our series each service change that takes a deep dive into what’s coming to your area. In this edition, we take a look at improvements in Vancouver.
We’re improving bus service to reduce overcrowding and wait times, expand service hours and increase reliability!
More than 29,000 annual service hours of bus service are being added as part of Winter Service Changes that began on December 18, 2017 and January 1, 2018.
September means back-to-school for many in Metro Vancouver. Come September 4, as part of Fall Service Changes, and the 10-Year Vision we’re bringing increased capacity on many of the region’s most crowded routes including the 620 to Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal, the 240 to North Vancouver and the 351 to White Rock.
While the vast majority of Metro Vancouver continues to enjoy the final months of summer sun, sand and surf, we’re working hard behind the scenes to prepare for fall service changes at TransLink. With back-to-school upon us, we’re focused on improving service to post-secondary schools including UBC, SFU, BCIT and Capilano University. We’re also bringing more frequent connections to SkyTrain to help move you quicker and more efficiently through the region.
Today on Bus Route Buzz, we’ve got some great news for Richmond as we continue the first round of bus improvements that the 10-Year Vision will bring over the next three years!
Richmond, are you ready for your close-up?
311 Scottsdale/Bridgeport Station
- Improved weekday service to operate every 15 minutes, up from every 20 minutes, from 6-7 a.m.
301 Richmond Brighouse/Newton Exchange
- Improve weekday service to operate every 15 minutes, up from 20 minutes, from 6-9 a.m. and 3-5 p.m.
We heard you!
401 Garden City/One Road
We’re improving service during the AM and PM peaks to provide a more reliable service to our customers. These changes will better match customer demand and reduce crowding and pass ups.
- Improved and consistent morning service to every 8 minutes from 7-8:30 a.m., every 10 minutes between 8:30-9 a.m. and every 12 minutes from 9-9:30 a.m.
- Improved and consistent afternoon service to operate every 8 minutes from 4-6 p.m. and every 12 minutes from 6-6:30 p.m.
- Improved late night service to every 30 minutes from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m.
410 22nd Street Station/Railway
We’re increasing service to better meet the needs of our customers. Many customers will experience shorter wait times for buses and between transfer connections, as well as reduce crowding and pass ups.
Weekday AM peak improvements:
- We’ve added additional service from 6-9 a.m.
Weekday PM peak improvements:
- We’ve added additional service from 2:30-7 p.m.
- We’ve added additional service from 1:30-4 p.m. and 10 p.m.-12 a.m.
- We’ve added additional service from 10 p.m.-12 a.m.
480 Bridgeport Station/UBC
- AM, midday, PM Service operates every 20 minutes.
- Early evening service operates every 30 minutes, reduced from 15-20 minutes.
- Last trip to UBC Loop is at 7:50 p.m. and the last trip from Bridgeport Station is at 7:01 p.m.
Regular service will resume in September.
601 South Delta/Boundary Bay/Bridgeport Station
- Provides service every 20 minutes (up from 30 minutes) on the weekend between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- We’re increasing service to better match customer demand and reduce wait times for buses and transfer connections.
620 Tsawwassen Ferry/Bridgeport Station (Seasonal)
Additional trips to the Tsawwassen Ferry terminal are back!
Service increases to two buses every hour, up from one per hour, to coincide with the summer ferry schedule. Be sure to check the BC Ferries schedules!
- Seasonal service runs from April 24th until September 4th (Labour Day – inclusive).
Regular service will start on September 5, 2017.
Until next time, Bus Route Buzzers, ride on!
Author: Adrienne Coling
In December, we introduced Bus Route Buzz to the blog; your one-stop-shop for bus service changes.
Service Changes are here again, just like clockwork, and so is Bus Route Buzz! In this series, we will continue to provide an in-depth look at maps, schedules and route changes as well as explainer videos with our in-house planning expert, #DenisThePlanner.
We have so many exciting changes this spring to increase frequency and efficiency across our bus network, particularly in Surrey, Langley, Richmond and the Tri-Cities.
These changes, additional service and added transit areas is have been made thanks to the funding secured for the 10-Year Vision.
You may have already had heard the news, but in case you missed it, the provincial government recently announced that they are matching the federal government’s $2.2 billion transit funding commitment dollar for dollar! This funding will improve and expand transit in Metro Vancouver. You can view the press release about the announcement here.
In the coming weeks, stay tuned to Bus Route Buzz right here on the Buzzer blog for a closer look at some of the changes coming to buses starting April 24.
Author: Adrienne Coling
Much of this issue is dedicated to Winter Service Changes.
This sheet change is especially important because of the newly opened Evergreen Extension.
Be sure to check out Bus Route Buzz for more information about changes to service around the Tri-Cities.
Remember! Service Changes begin Monday, December 19, 2016.
Also in this issue we introduce our beautiful new SkyTrain extension!!
As always, we have our favourites – Contest Corner, Back Issues and Coming Events!
Happy reading! Pick it up today on the bus, SkyTrain, SeaBus and West Coast Express or you can download it here.
Author: Adrienne Coling