Canada’s set to defend their gold medal at this year’s IIHF World Junior Championship taking place in Vancouver (and Victoria) from December 26, 2018 – January 5, 2019. We’re thrilled to team up with the IIHF World Juniors Hockey Championship to help move volunteers, fans, and visitors during its week-and-a-half run.
Missed getting your tickets to this sold-out tournament or didn’t win any tickets the first time around? You’ve still got a chance to go! Thanks to our partnership with the World Juniors Hockey Championship, we have multiple pairs of tickets to take you to a relegation, quarterfinal or semifinal game! You read that right! Keep reading to find out how you can win! (Psst… you’ll want to stay tuned for chances to win tickets to the medal games for an EPIC night out.)
How to enter for a chance to win:
- Comment below telling us who you’d take with you to the World Juniors and how you’d get there using transit (1 entry)
- Follow @TransLinkBC on Instagram, like our post, and tag three friends who would love to win. Comment below letting us know you did. (1 entry)
- Like TransLink on Facebook, and leave a comment below letting us know you did. (1 entry)
- Follow @TransLink on Twitter, and tweet the following: (1 entry) Enter for a chance to win a pair of tickets to watch the #WorldJuniors in #Vancouver, courtesy of @TransLink and @HockeyCanada https://buzzer.translink.ca/?p=55074
This means if you do all four actions, you’ll leave four comments below. Don’t forget to make sure your social media accounts are public so we can see your entry.
Check out the official contest terms and conditions, but here’s the lowdown:
- The contest for preliminary games will open on Saturday, December 22, 2018 and all entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. on Friday, December 28, 2018. Late entries will not be considered.
- One entry per method, per person — that means you can enter up to four times in total for this giveaway.
- We’ll announce the winners from a random draw on the blog and contact you via the email provided in the comments.
Take transit to the World Juniors
The Vancouver games are being played at Rogers Arena, conveniently located steps away from the Stadium–Chinatown Station, a stop on the SkyTrain’s Expo Line. Use our Trip Planner to find your transit route!
Watching games in Victoria? Take the SkyTrain’s Canada Line to Bridgeport Station and the 620 Tsawwassen Ferry bus will connect you to the terminal where you’ll catch the Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay ferry to Victoria. At Swartz Bay, you’ll want to take the 72 Downtown bus to Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. Note: separate fares apply for the ferry and the 72 bus.
New to taking transit?
Author: Sarah Kertcher