Monday, September 4 is Labour Day, the last long weekend of the summer, and the final hurrah before many Metro Vancouverites head back to work and school. As such, we will be operating on a holiday schedule.
Here’s what you need to know about upcoming holiday service:
- Bus, SkyTrain, and SeaBus services will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule.
- West Coast Express will not operate.
- The Compass Customer Service Centre and Lost Property Office will be closed.
Holiday fares will be in effect, which means you can travel across all zones on a one-zone fare all day long!
And don’t forget! Fall Service changes, our single largest bus service increase as part of the 10-Year Vision, also begin on Labour Day, September 4!
For more information on our fall service change visit our Transit Service Changes page.
Service returns to regular weekday schedules for all modes on Tuesday, September 5, 2017. Don’t forget to check out our post on how to survive the Post-Labour Day Crunch!
Know before you go!
Use our handy Trip Planner to check your route and schedule times prior to leaving. The information here is subject to change. For the latest and most up-to-date information, bookmark translink.ca on your mobile device so you can know on the go!
For the latest transit information, follow us on twitter at @TransLink or contact our Customer Information by phone at 604.953.3333
Author: Sarah Kertcher
The Honda Celebration of Light will be lighting up the sky again this summer, and we’re adding extra service to get you there!
Read more »
See fireworks performances by teams from the United States, France and Japan.
How are you getting to the fireworks? There will be additional bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain and West Coast Express service on July 26, July 30 and August 2 to help you get to the Honda Celebration of Light performances safely and conveniently.
Full details on all the service changes can be found by visiting our Calendar of Events.
Just a couple of reminders:
- To avoid lineups at ticket vending machines after the events, you can pre-purchase return tickets at King George, Scott Road, Granville, Burrard, Bridgeport, Yaletown-Roundhouse and Vancouver City Centre stations. These fareboxes only accept exact cash and tickets are valid until the close of service.
- Before, during and after the events transit stations will remain open, but Waterfront, Burrard and Granville stations will have modified access to ensure your comfort and safety.
- TravelSmart continues to sponsor BEST’s Bicycle Valet, which will offer cyclists free, secure temporary bike storage at Sunset Beach from 6:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. Due to crowding and safety concerns, please wait to take your bikes on SkyTrain until the crowds clear.
- The Train2Main will be in operation for those travelling to or from the Main Street-Science World Station. See OnTrack for more details.
- In anticipation of an increased volume of passengers, Transit Police will deploy additional officers to ensure that everyone is able to travel to and from the event safely. You can text all non-emergency reports to Transit Police at 87-77-77 or call 604.515.8300. In case of an emergency, always call 9-1-1.
Service adjustments for other summertime events can also be seen here and here.
For transit service information throughout the summer, sign up for Transit Alerts, visit m.translink.ca, follow @TransLink or call Customer Service at 604.953.3333.
Author: Angela Salehi