We have new details and cost estimates for the Surrey Langley SkyTrain project!
The project could be completed within five-and-a-half years from a full project approval date. Currently, we have about $1.6 billion available to fund the project, which is enough to the SkyTrain go from the current King George Station to Fleetwood. Any more work needed for the project to reach Langley is unfunded and would require additional financial contribution from other sources. The total cost to take the SkyTrain to Langley is about $3.12 billion. Take a peak at the breakdown of the financial costs and project components for the Surrey Langley SkyTrain project below. 👇
This project would see trains operate every 4 to 5 minutes during peak periods and the total travel time from King George Station to the proposed Langley City Centre Station would take approximately 22 minutes. Proposed stations for this new SkyTrain line include eight in the locations below:
- 140 Street, City of Surrey
- 152 Street, City of Surrey
- 160 Street, City of Surrey
- 166 Street, City of Surrey (Fleetwood scenario, interim terminal)
- 184 Street, City of Surrey (Clayton scenario, interim terminal)
- 190 Street, City of Surrey
- 196 Street, Township of Langley
- 203 Street, City of Langley (Langley scenario, final terminal)
TransLink will recommend that a full business case be developed for the Surrey Langley SkyTrain project by early next year. In the meantime, the Mayors’ Council will look over these proposals at their next meeting on Thursday, July 25.