Posts tagged: Summer Service Changes
This Monday, June 25 we launch our Summer Service Changes on June 25, bringing better transit to our customers!
Ridership in Metro Vancouver smashed records in May thanks in large part to new transit service introduced as part of the 10-Year Vision. On June 25, we’re increasing service on the 319 Scott Road/Newton Exchange at busy times on weekdays to reduce wait times and pass-ups. This is the latest 10-Year Vision investment to improve our transit system.
We’re also adding extra trips on numerous routes to get you to and from popular summer attractions!
Summer is a time for exploring and there are so many places in Metro Vancouver that you can explore using transit, including amazing hikes and doughtnut shops, street festivals, farmers markets, parks and more. If you know some places accessible on transit that we haven’t covered, leave that info in the comments section!
Visiting summer destinations is why we’re adding extra trips to Stanley Park, Lynn Canyon Park, Buntzen Lake and White Rock Beach. We’re also extending service hours on the 620 route to get you to and from Tsawwassen Ferry terminal during the summer season!
On the 20 Victoria/Downtown route, we’re trying something new to improve reliability. Congestion in downtown Vancouver often affects this route’s reliability. That’s why we’re piloting a layover at Richards Street and W Georgia Street, which will allow buses to get back on schedule.
The 44 Downtown/UBC will no longer serve five bus stops to provide express service in downtown Vancouver.
We’re renaming the C45 and C46 as well as the C60 and C61 routes to improve customer experience for new riders!
They are now the 745 Haney Place/Cottonwood and 746 Haney Place/Albion, and 560 Langley Centre/Murrayville and 561 Langley Centre/Brookswood. Buses will operate exactly the same, only the destination sign will change. Customers can remain on the bus when the route number changes.
These are just highlights! You’ll want to visit translink.ca/servicechanges for a list of all the changes and details.
New platforms for Millennium Line at Lougheed Town Centre Station
We’re streamlining the way our Millennium Line trains move through Lougheed Town Centre Station to create a faster and more reliable trip for our customers.
Trains to VCC–Clark Station will depart from Platform 3 and trains to Lafarge Lake–Douglas will depart from Platform 1. Expo Line platforms will not change. Watch the video to learn more!
The letter “C” used to indicate the route was served with only community shuttle buses. Today, we operate our bus fleet interchangeably, depending on demand, to better serve our customers.
We’re continuing to phase out the “C” on community shuttle bus routes. On June 25, we’re saying “c-ya” to the “C” on the C43, C44, C45, C46, C48, C49, C60, C61, C62, C63, C64, C70, C75 and C76.
It is that time of year again Buzzer readers – summer service changes are here! So check your route and plan for your activities on June 23 and beyond. To celebrate, we are hosting a contest* with 5 cool prize packages. How do you play? Visit our Facebook page each weekday morning from June 9 until July 7 after 9 am for a clue to where the image of the Penguin is hiding. Once you find the penguin on our service changes page, click the image to enter the contest. Good luck!
- The NEW 503 Express bus serves Langley and Aldergrove with connections to Surrey Central.
- The 502 has been redesigned to operate between Surrey Central Station and Langley Centre, with limited peak-hour trips to/from Brookswood.
- Expanded 178 service which responds to customer feedback to better meet customer demand. The portion of the route operating between Noon’s Creek and Johnson now runs on Panorama Dr. instead of on David Ave.
What is making summer travel better?
- Additional buses will complement the regular 19 trips, increasing frequency between West Pender St. and Cambie St. to Stanley Park.
- Changes to the 5 to accommodate the City of Vancouver’s closure of 800 Robson at Robson Square.
- Routes 4, 6, 7, 10, 14, 16, 17, 20 and 50 will detour to accommodate the Granville Mall closures during summer weekends for the City of Vancouver’s Summer Open Streets program.
- Two 620 trips each hour, up from one per hour.
- SeaBus service increases to every 15 minutes.
For more information, check out the upcoming print Buzzer and Service Changes page. Check your route before you go!
Have more questions? Check out @translink or call 604-953-3333.
Author: Angela Salehi