A major milestone for Metrotown Station this year as both the centre and west stationhouses opened!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! A time to look back at the past twelve months and take stock of all that we’ve accomplished…like making tremendous progress on four Expo Line SkyTrain Station upgrades!
In order to ensure we continue to meet the needs of our customers and the entire region for years to come, these four stations are currently being upgraded to improve station accessibility, capacity, safety and security. Read more »
Calling all Surrey Central bus loop users!
Starting Monday, April 10, Bay 12 will temporarily close for construction of a new entrance at Surrey Central Station. As a result, the 502, C71 and C73 will change pick up and drop off locations.
What you need to know:
**Update May 11, 2017**
- Stop move: The 502 Langley Centre/Surrey Central Station will move to
Bay 6 (stop #55714) Bay 9.
- Stop move: The 503 Aldergrove/Surrey Central Station will move to Bay 6
- New stop: The C71 Surrey Central/Scott Road Station and the C73 Guildford/Surrey Central Station will move to a new drop off and pick up location at Bay 15 (stop #60153) in front of SFU on 102nd Avenue, or board at Bay 5A.
Stop move: The C71 and C73 will pick up SkyTrain passengers connecting to the bus at Bay 14 (stop #61787).
You can learn more about the Surrey Central Station upgrades on our website.
Not sure where to go? We’re here to help!
Look for signage at the bus exchange, tweet us @TransLink or call 604.953.3333.
Author: Jessica Hewitt
Rendering of the finished upgrades
Some of the busiest stations on the Expo Line are getting much needed upgrades and that includes Surrey Central Station; the busiest station in Surrey!
This bustling transit and community hub will be upgraded to meet the needs of the fast-growing municipality as well as our overall region, bringing more accessibility and create easier commutes for riders!
New features of the station include:
- A new north stationhouse with two new entrances at the north side of the existing station to make it easier and more convenient for people to take SkyTrain.
- Design elements such as improved lighting and glass walls to make the station safer and more secure.
- Three new escalators and a new elevator to improve access for customers with disabilities and make it more convenient for all customers to access the platform easily.
- New station design for the north stationhouse to better integrate with the surrounding community.
- 920 square metres of extra space will help improve passenger flow through the station.
Don’t worry about connecting to the library, mall, Surrey City Hall and all the amenities around the station because access is not changing!
Customers will continue to use the existing exits and entrances to the station. However, those who previously used the emergency exit on the north side of the platform will exit from the south entrances as the emergency exit will be demolished as part of this project.
Work will begin this spring and is expected to be complete by the end of 2018.
To stay up-to-date on the Surrey Central upgrades,
sign up for TransLink eNewsletters or visit translink.ca/surreycentral.
Author: Adrienne Coling