Look, the #125 is going strong so far

The lineup for the #125 at BCIT.

The lineup for the #125 at BCIT.

Hey—the #125, which you might remember as a trial route launched in our December service changes, is actually showing excellent ridership so far. Just thought we’d showcase some pics of the growing lineups hopping on!

Why is the #125 a trial run? The key issue was (and continues to be) bus congestion at the Metrotown loop. With the #125, we were trying to give BCIT riders another option to connect to the SkyTrain line, and reduce the number of buses going to Metrotown. We were going to look for another solution if the bus wasn’t popular, but so far, the bus route is turning out to be in high demand. The #125 was also established partly at the suggestion of our operators, too—great work there!

The #125 runs every 10 minutes on Monday through Friday during peak periods only. Here’s a few more photos.

Another view of the lineups for the #125.

Another view of the lineups for the #125.

Our friend the #125 bus during the winter weather.

Our friend the #125 bus during the winter weather.

• By Donald, January 14, 2009 @ 11:27 am

Good to see the new 125 being so successful! That bus sure would’ve come in handy back when I was going to BCIT. How close are they to getting their own U-Pass program?

• By Dan, January 14, 2009 @ 3:47 pm

AS far as i was told from CMBC the 125 are “trippers” and were originally used on the 130. Im not sure how the 130 is copping

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, January 14, 2009 @ 3:59 pm

Well, as far as I know, both the #125 and the #130 have the buses they need to meet the demand on both routes. Buses don’t generally just get pulled off another route at random, leaving some routes understaffed and others overserved.

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, January 14, 2009 @ 4:01 pm

Donald: I haven’t actually heard of any movement so far on a U-Pass for BCIT. I guess we’ll just wait and see how that goes.

• By Bryan, January 14, 2009 @ 8:26 pm

I always thought the 125 were trippers from the 123 route…

• By C.Cassidy, January 14, 2009 @ 9:26 pm

The 125 is it’s own line group that are garage trippers.

• By Scott, January 14, 2009 @ 9:57 pm

Dan as a regular rider of the 130 from around the BCIT area (I take the 130 to/from work 5 times a week), I can say that the 130 has benefited from this and that there hasn’t been any passups lately. Service has been ontime for the most part as well.

It would be nice to see U-Pass come to Surrey for Kwantlen students like myself as a sidenote to the U-Pass discussion :D

• By Stirling Bloye, January 15, 2009 @ 4:53 pm

I Lived In Vancouver In 1991 Until 2001 & Took The 41 To & From Joyce Station,
    Also In North Vancouver All Routes Except For The 290 & 292. I Also Keep Up With Timetables
    & The Buzzer.
    Even With The Diagrams That Help Me Remember Where The Buses Leave Their Particular Destination & Didn’t Get Lost On The System
    Which Is Still Very Easy To Use.

• By Eugene T.S. Wong, January 16, 2009 @ 3:39 am

Good job, everybody! Good job on the suggestions, the work put into the new service, & the patronage of the riders.

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, January 16, 2009 @ 9:21 am

Stirling: glad transit served you well during your time here in the Vancouver region!

Eugene: thanks for your comments, they are really much appreciated :)

• By David K, January 16, 2009 @ 10:20 pm

Umm… Jennifer… there’s something wrong with your blog comments forms. I’m not Dan, and tesla___@___mail.com is not my e-mail address. The fields are prefield when I viewed this post!

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, January 19, 2009 @ 9:31 am

Ah, blerg. This is a known bug on the blog, and we’ve been trying to fix it for a while now (it’s actually hard to replicate the problem consistently). I’ll pass your note on to our web staff to let them know it’s cropping up again.

1. re:place Magazine — January 15, 2009 @ 9:54 am