As part of keeping our system in a state of good repair, we are replacing 5,000 linear metres of running rail at four main locations close to Metrotown, Main Street–Science World, Stadium–Chinatown and Waterfront stations.
The next area of running rail replacement is near Stadium–Chinatown Station and is taking place from today, February 23 to March 2. Work will not be done on Fridays and Saturdays and it weather dependent.
Customers can expect modified service between Waterfront and Stadium–Chinatown stations during the specific work times.
A Special SkyTrain Service shuttle will provide 10 minute service in both directions between Waterfront and Stadium–Chinatown stations.
- From 9:30 p.m. until the end of service, Expo Line trains travelling towards Waterfront will terminate at Stadium–Chinatown station.
- Expo Line trains travelling towards both King George and Production Way-University will operate normally from Stadium–Chinatown stations.
- Expo Line passengers connecting at Stadium–Chinatown should allow for 5-10 minutes of extra travel time.
- Millennium Line and Canada Line will operate normally.
- Schedule adjustments due to special events:
- Tuesday, February 28: service change delayed one hour, beginning at 10:30 p.m., to accommodate the Canucks game.
- Thursday, March 2: service change delayed one hour, beginning at 10:30 p.m., to accommodate the Canucks game.
Riders should also be sure to watch destination displays and listen for train destination announcements.
Author: Adrienne Coling