Here’s the third update on the Broadway Station upgrade project, for March-April 2009!
If you hadn’t heard, we are upgrading Broadway Station to better handle customer traffic and security. I wrote about the overall plans for the upgrade in November 2008, and posted two updates on the station’s progress, in December 2008 and February-March 2009.
What’s been completed in March?
- Concrete block walls have been built on the east side to house ancillary rooms (the electrical room, elevator machine room, etc).
- Concrete slab has been poured in the south half of the station.
- We’ve installed steel support framework along the west wall, in preparation for the installation of the glass walls.
- Underground electrical and mechanical services in the south station are complete.
- Further installation of electrical services have been completed throughout the concourse (bottom) level of the station.
What’s coming up in April?
- Concrete work will begin on the stairs in the south station.
- Structural steel installation for the new elevator will begin.
- The installation of the exterior glass wall on the west side of the station.
- Further installation of electrical services and mechanical services throughout the concourse level of the station.
You can also grab this info as a PDF, or check out the official TransLink Broadway Station Upgrades page. An illustrated overview of the upgrades are again available in my earlier Broadway Station post. And I’ll continue to keep you posted at the Buzzer blog with the latest construction news!