Since we’ve had one billion passenger trips this year, TransLink is celebrating with a contest, organized together with the Province newspaper!
Just send in a 100 word story based on one of the following categories:
- Heroes– Tell us about someone you’ve encountered while taking transit who made a great impression on you or just brightened your day!
- Secret Admirer– Tell us about a person, past or present, you’ve seen while taking TransLink you secretly had or have a crush on.
- The Best Thing about taking transit for me is…– Do you take transit to help the environment? Does it give you a chance to read? Does it give you time to prepare for your day? Tell us what you like most about taking transit.
If you haven’t seen the ads in the paper and on transit, here’s the key details:
- The contest entry period is from 12:01 a.m. PST on May 29, to noon PST on June 12.
- One entry per person, and you can enter in two ways: fill out an online form at the Province’s website, or mail your entry to the One In A Billion Contest, c/o The Province at Suite 1 – 200 Granville Street, Vancouver, B.C., V6C 3N3
- You have to be a resident of British Columbia, and aged 19 or older to enter. Sadly, you can’t enter if you’re an employee of TransLink, The Province, or CanWest publishing, or if you share a household with any of the above employees.
- The grand prize is $1,000 + a year of transit passes. The winner will be randomly picked from a group of 10 finalists — the other nine finalists will receive a free monthly transit pass for up to 3 zones of travel.
Hop on over to the Province’s website for more on the contest, plus the rules and regulations.