Just another reminder to everyone that major bus changes are coming on Monday September 7. Make sure you know if your journey is affected!
We always adjust bus service in September to match higher passenger volumes, but this year our changes are much bigger, since we’re integrating bus routes with the Canada Line and making other improvements.
Street teams are out to help spread the word, and you can also find out about these changes online:
- Here’s the full list of transit service changes, from the main TransLink website. (Check to see if your bus route is on there!)
- Here’s an interactive map and a full list of the Canada-Line-related bus changes. Click the bus routes on the map to get route diagrams and schedules, and click the station names to get a map of the station plus local bus connections.
- Here’s a link to all the Canada Line station maps.
- Here’s a Buzzer blog post that highlighted the major changes expected on Sept 7 — there’s a lot of discussion in the comments there too.
And here’s a recap of the major changes expected on Monday:
- The 3 and the 8 will trade downtown Vancouver routes (this post tells why)
- The 98 B-Line, 424, 488, 490, 491, 492, 496, and C95 will be discontinued, as Canada Line now provides rapid transit service between Vancouver, Richmond and YVR.
- The 160 won’t pick up WB or drop off EB at five stops along Hastings Street in Burnaby: Sperling, Holdom, Willingdon, Gilmore, Kootenay. (It will still pick-up EB and drop-off WB at those stops.) The 135 route provides full local service at these stops and will be improved starting September 7. (See this post for more info.)
- Three bus loops will see bus bay changes: Burrard Station, Richmond-Brighouse (formerly Richmond Centre) and Marpole Loop.
- Commercial Drive Station and Broadway Station will be merged and renamed Commercial-Broadway Station. Go here for more info.
Again, if you don’t know, we actually make seasonal adjustments to bus service just four times a year, reflecting major passenger ebbs and flows in April, June, September, and December. Look out for the next set of changes in December!