ALERT! : More info
Translink Buzzer Blog

Lonsdale Quay bus loop & SeaBus service currently suspended due to police incident

Update, 6:13 p.m.
The incident below has been resolved!
SeaBus is now back in service — please expect a few delays while crowds are cleared.
The Lonsdale Quay area is also reopening.

There’s currently a police incident going on at the Lonsdale Quay bus loop. Service at the loop is currently suspended and so is SeaBus service.

So please don’t go to Waterfront SeaBus terminal or Lonsdale Quay SeaBus terminal since SeaBus is currently not running!

Alternate bus service has been set up to get people between Lonsdale Quay and Waterfront (we call this a “bus bridge”). Passengers leaving Waterfront Station (northbound) can board buses on Cordova Street outside of Waterfront. Those leaving Lonsdale Quay southbound are being directed to buses on Esplanade at the foot of Lonsdale, which are taking people to Waterfront.

Please note that SkyTrain and West Coast Express service are NOT affected by this disruption — only SeaBus and the buses at the loop on Lonsdale Quay. Police are saying it will take 1-2h to clear the area (that was reported at 4:30 p.m.)

Please follow our TransLink Twitter account for regular updates on service, or any of our other web and mobile resources for real-time transit info.


  • By Scott Clayton, February 11, 2010 @ 6:34 pm

    I saw the most amazing thing today—the #135 (SFU) was driving on Marine Dr. in North Vancouver at around 4:15 p.m.!

    It blew my mindgrapes—I thought I was having wonderful hallucinations!

    Jhenifer, do you happen to know what the circumstances were that resulted in this amazing turn of events? I imagine it was directly related to the situation at the Quay.

  • By Jhenifer Pabillano, February 11, 2010 @ 6:57 pm

    Crazy! I’d guess it was related to the Quay happenings too. I’ll pass it along to see about answers, but you may have to be patient — almost all of our staff are working as hosts or in different roles for the Games, so the answer may take a while to trickle back!

  • By Jhenifer Pabillano, February 11, 2010 @ 7:16 pm

    OK, I’ve asked my colleagues in the communications centre, and here’s the likely answer:

    We had a bus bridge in place for a couple of hours while SeaBus was closed and perhaps the vehicle forgot to change its route number while on a special run.

  • By Scott Clayton, February 11, 2010 @ 8:43 pm

    Thanks Jhenifer,

    It was easily one of the most amazing things I saw all day (or perhaps year)!

  • By David Lam, February 12, 2010 @ 12:54 am

    So, the seabus system was shut down because of a fishing pole stored inside a cylindrical cardboard tube wrapped in tape that was deemed “suspicious”, what a joke for the day! I understand and respect the whole issue about heightened security against terrorism threats and all……but this is NOT going to work, if our transit system has to shut down everytime, whenever someone forgets and leaves a backpack or suitcase on a bus by accident!

Other Links to this Post

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

Please read our Participation Guidelines before you comment.