A secret message written in the Buzzer

A colleague found this marked-up copy of the Buzzer on a bus and sent it along to me. Do you see the secret message?

I wonder who it was originally for? Fiction writers, crack out your skills!

• By ;-), March 25, 2010 @ 12:25 pm

Love this… Perhaps it an admirer for you Jhen. What route was this on? When was this found?

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, March 25, 2010 @ 12:27 pm

It was found on a #25 at UBC after the gold medal sledge hockey game. It certainly wasn’t for me!

• By -.-, March 25, 2010 @ 12:47 pm

Hey Beautiful?

• By Ric, March 25, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

What is the secret message? I can’t see it.

• By zack, March 25, 2010 @ 4:34 pm

Gee-wiz!! This is a real toughie! I’m stumped!!

• By Daniel, March 25, 2010 @ 4:50 pm

Hmmmm maybe someone was secretly crushing on someone!
    And jhen have u looked at the photos I emailed you?

• By CJ Stebbing, March 25, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

Maybe the person saw someone on the same bus and was going to give it to them…being smooth and all lol. all i know is that it wasnt me. didnt have any tickets to sledge hockey

• By ericmk, March 25, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

I think the letter was from a secret admirer of the 25 bus, who loved the Vancouver transit system, but could never express his/her love for it until now! :) Or it could be a letter left from a secret admirer for a person they know always reads the Buzzer! Bus courting! Perhaps the person read from the previous post about the Seattle bus chic and her memories on transit and was inspired to make a memory for someone! This person must be on the Buzzer blog!! Someone needs to admit that it was them! ;) Or maybe it was all Jhen’s plan to create an early April Fool’s joke in the form of a fascinating blog post that everyone thought was real!? Jk, I think it was my second idea! ;)

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, March 25, 2010 @ 6:44 pm

ericmk:
    If only I was that crafty! I really like the idea of secret codes and messages in the Buzzer though. Maybe we should create a mastermind puzzle issue like Wired did that one time.

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, March 25, 2010 @ 7:04 pm

Daniel: Yes, I have seen the photos you sent :)
    Thank you for passing them along!

• By Biff, March 28, 2010 @ 4:31 pm

Love the blog. Please design an app version as the link on the Translink app only takes you to the Web site so it’s a bit of a pain to constantly have to enlarge the text etc.

• By Eugene Wong, April 13, 2010 @ 3:48 pm

Hi Jhenifer. I hope that all is well with you.

I just came back from 3 months of army training, and had very limited internet access, so it’s good to browse and participate again.

; ^P Regarding that secret message, it’s obviously a spy message that is meant to sound real nice, so that nobody gets concerned. I’m so surprised that nobody noticed that. ;^D

Seriously, maybe that type of a message could be incorporated into Buzzer contests. I like those contests. Instead of asking a simple question, we could ask the simple question and offer this kind of a puzzle.

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, April 13, 2010 @ 3:50 pm

Welcome back Eugene!

I agree, I like how the code was hidden in there, and it is a great idea for future contests!

1. Twitter Trackbacks for The Buzzer blog » A secret message written in the Buzzer [translink.ca] on Topsy.com — March 25, 2010 @ 7:09 pm