Friday fun poll: have you ever tried ridesharing?

I can’t believe I’ve never asked this question, but as it’s Ride-Share Week next week, I thought it would be appropriate!

Have you ever rideshared before?

• Noooo! (74%, 74 Votes)
  • Yessss! (26%, 26 Votes)

Total Voters: 100

If you have rideshared, how did you get into it? And if you haven’t, it’d be neat to hear why you haven’t given it a shot.

• By Sungsu, October 1, 2010 @ 6:03 pm

No, I telecommute full time.

• By Sally, October 1, 2010 @ 9:32 pm

I’d hate to ride-share. There would always be someone who wasn’t on time and I’m afraid I’d have to kill them as I loathe unpunctuality! Give me the bus anytime!!!

• By Paul C, October 2, 2010 @ 1:02 am

The closest I’ve ever come is sometimes driving someone home in the past as it was on my way home at previous jobs.

Others most times there never has been anyone who is going the same direction as me at the same time.

And since I cycle now. I’m sure nobody wants to ride my handle bars. :)

I guess you could say I ride share the bus ;)

• By Cliff, October 2, 2010 @ 2:21 am

Yep. I used to rideshare with someone working at BC Place Stadium while I went to BCIT. I managed to cut my fuel costs quite a bit doing that and got to use the HOV lanes on Hastings to get back home quickly.

One unfortunate thing that’s changed recently is that the HOV lanes have been removed from Renfrew to Boundary. Two thumbs down for the city of Vancouver. This change has made worse the rat running that takes place in the streets around Hastings. Time to switch back to the “Vennables Shuffle” again.

• By Phil, October 4, 2010 @ 9:23 am

I’ve tried ride sharing sites before, but I’ve never been able to actually find a match that works with my schedule…

Hasn’t quite caught on as much as it needs to I think.

• By Robert, October 4, 2010 @ 10:49 am

Ironically, the last time I did ride-sharing on a regular basis was during the 2001 bus strike!

• By TM (formerly Tsushima Masaki), October 4, 2010 @ 5:10 pm

I ride-share all the time. One of my co-workers lives 2 blocks away from me so I just walk to his house in the morning and then we drive to work. On the way home I get a ride from another coworker; I’m his HOV lane access, and he’s my fast ride home (he likes to get home ASAP) so it’s a win-win.

The downside is it makes it hard for me to want to move from my current residence…

1. Tweets that mention Friday fun poll: have you ever tried ridesharing? -- Topsy.com — October 1, 2010 @ 5:03 pm

2. The Buzzer blog » Fun poll results: 74% have not rideshared — October 8, 2010 @ 7:01 pm