Transit love stories for Valentine’s Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! For some Monday fun, I thought I’d flash back through our archives and point out some stories where people have found love on transit. As a public meeting place, transit is just one of those places with opportunities to connect with others!

Enjoy the stories below:

And of course, if you have a transit love story to share, please feel free to share in the comments :)

• By Brooke L., February 14, 2011 @ 1:25 pm

My first date with my husband was riding the Skytrain back and forth, holding hands. He was so distracted by me that he forgot to validate his Faresaver and got a ticket for fare evasion – oops! Our first kiss was in a bus shelter at 22nd St. Station. We’ve been together for 12 years now! These days he has an annual pass through the Cooperative Auto Network so he doesn’t have to worry about getting another accidental fine. :)

• By Jhenifer Pabillano - Buzzer Editor, February 14, 2011 @ 2:15 pm

Brooke! That’s such a sweet story. How lovely to know that transit has been a part of your relationship from the very start—and that there have been no more fines :)

Edit: Btw Brooke, if you want to email me your address, I’d love to mail you a set of transit buttons to say thanks for sharing your story!

• By Meg, February 14, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

I met my sweetie on the #4 bus from UBC 7 years ago. He had a broken arm and I offered him my seat–thanks Transit!

• By Meraki, February 14, 2011 @ 11:27 pm

The best part of that Buzzer flashback for me is realising we’re 3 years down the road and the Evergreen line is still ‘coming.’

Also still talking about the 98 B-Line. Funny how things turned out!

• By Jhenifer Pabillano - Buzzer Editor, February 15, 2011 @ 11:08 am

Meg: that’s awesome :) If you want to e-mail me your address too, I’d love to send you a set of buttons as well.

Meraki: Yep—dig far enough and you’ll find promises of a line to Coquitlam around the time the Expo Line originally launched!

• By Allison, February 15, 2011 @ 10:47 pm

My mom tells me stories of how my dad (Ian) didn’t own a car until after they got married (in 1980!), and he used to pick her up on the bus, and had every bus schedule and route memorized. They never missed a bus, and after 30 years of marriage, he still escorts my mom around on transit world wide (and taking pictures of it all, a hobby that never ceased to evoke gentle teasing from his children). Angus McIntyre was my dad’s best man at their wedding!

• By Jhenifer Pabillano - Buzzer Editor, February 16, 2011 @ 9:27 am

Oh, Allison! That’s so sweet! Your dad is a special guy :)

• By Last351, February 17, 2011 @ 4:13 pm

Thanks for the repost!

• By Jhenifer Pabillano - Buzzer Editor, February 18, 2011 @ 9:48 am

Last351: No no — thank you for sharing your story! :D

1. Tweets that mention The Buzzer blog » Transit love stories for Valentine’s Day -- Topsy.com — February 14, 2011 @ 3:00 pm