Call for submissions: I Love Transit Week, July 11-15

The third annual I Love Transit Week is just around the corner. The week is July 11-15, 2011!

What is I Love Transit Week?

There are many things that we love about transit, so let’s celebrate it one week a year!

As in the past couple of years, I’d like to put out a call for submissions. During I Love Transit Week, the Buzzer blog will showcase your work. You can send in essays, photos, songs, videos, podcasts, discussion posts, drawings or pretty much anything that shows why you love transit. I’ll also put as much of this great work as possible into the August Buzzer!

The deadline for yoI Love Transit Week!ur submissions is Thursday, July 7 Sunday, July 10. I’m really open to creativity and different types of content (poetry, rap, performance art, whatever). You can also email me at thebuzzer@translink.ca with your idea if you have some questions or want some feedback. Please do have a look at last year’s posts to see what others have done.

Also, if you’re wondering, we will have an I Love Transit Night again this year. This anticipated night is a live meetup of all ages who want to have some fun celebrating transit. Stay tuned for the location and date!

Buttons!

I Love Transit Buttons! photo by Graham Ballentyne

• By Elfren Ordanza, June 21, 2011 @ 10:35 am

Are all ages welcome?

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, June 21, 2011 @ 10:50 am

Oh course! All ages are welcome for both submissions and the night.

• By Elfren Ordanza, June 21, 2011 @ 11:00 am

How wonderful! :D
    I’m in!

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, June 21, 2011 @ 11:09 am

Great! I look forward to your submission and possibly meeting you at the night!

• By Elfren Ordanza, June 21, 2011 @ 11:20 am

Where do we send in our submission? Do we send it to The Buzzer’s email?

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, June 21, 2011 @ 11:36 am

Yes, please send submissions to – thebuzzer@translink.ca .

Thanks!

• By Jimbo, June 22, 2011 @ 9:39 am

I was wondering what was happening with the fare gates project. The project FAQ says construction will start in Spring 2011 and spring ended on June 20th and I haven’t read anything here about any construction or seen anything on my Skytrain travels. Have I missed a posting or sighting? Or has this construction been delayed?

• By Ric, June 22, 2011 @ 3:29 pm

I have lots of transit pictures that I would like to send in. They are on a Flickr account. Should I just send in a link to the pictures on my Flickr account? I also want to write a story about why I love transit.

Also any idea as to what day of the week the I love transit night will be?

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, June 22, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

Hi Jimbo:

Construction at SkyTrain stations has already started. You can follow what’s going on with all the different construction projects here – http://www.translink.ca/ontrack . You can get quick updates on #SkyTrain station upgrades by following @translink on Twitter and the #ontrack hash tag.

As for the installation of the Faregates, that will start on July 4th.

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, June 22, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

Hello Ric:

Please send in your link to your Flickr site and a couple of your favorites directly to me please! I’d also love to read why you love transit, so please send that writing to me as well.

I’m shooting for July 14th for the I Love Transit Night, but don’t quote me on that! I’m just locking down the venue now. Stay tuned…

• By Jimbo, June 24, 2011 @ 9:49 am

Thanks for the information, Robert!

• By Ric, June 28, 2011 @ 11:15 am

Any idea as to when I love transit night will be yet?

I need to know asap as I work full time and will have to be asked to be scheduled of work to attend. I need to give work at least a 2 weeks notice if I want a day off.

• By Jo, July 4, 2011 @ 12:31 pm

Where!?! Where!?! Where!?! can I get my hands on those Buzzer/transit pins!?! I have a friend who is an avid reader of the Buzzer blog and loves trains. His birthday is quite soon and he would be thrilled if I were able to aquire a pin or two for him. Thank You!

1. The Buzzer blog » TransLink Events Calendar — June 29, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

2. The Buzzer blog » I Love Transit Night! — June 30, 2011 @ 2:31 pm

3. The Buzzer blog » I Love Transit Week t-shirt contest — July 8, 2011 @ 5:29 pm