But two major changes for the summer are starting on Saturday, June 23, 2012! Read on for more.
Saturday June 23: Granville weekend detours and 5/N6 route changes for Viva Vancouver
Owing to Viva Vancouver, the City of Vancouver’s summer festival, Granville Street and Robson Square will be closed to vehicle traffic from June 23 to Sept 3, 2012.
And as you can guess, this means reroutes for our buses! So starting Saturday June 23, 2012, here’s what will happen:
- there will be weekend detours for all buses running down Granville Street, starting Fridays at 9pm (usually these closures are only during weekend evenings)
- the 5 Robson/Downtown and N6 Downtown NightBus will be back on the route it used during the 2010 Winter Olympics
See the maps above and at right for all the details: essentially, the Granville Street buses (the 4, 6, 7, 10, 14, 16, 17, 20 and 50) will be using Seymour northbound and Howe southbound, and the 5 and N6 will be going around Robson Square on its journeys east and west.
Other summer bus changes around the region
As well, summertime also means some seasonal changes elsewhere on the TransLink schedule.
- 19 Stanley Park will add shuttle buses from downtown (Hastings & Cambie) to the Stanley Park loop, to help handle additional crowds, starting June 25
- C26 Buntzen Lake/Coquitlam Station will run every hour between approximately 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. on weekends and holidays (effective June 16)
- 150 White Pine Beach/Coquitlam Station will run hourly between approximately 11am and 7pm, seven days a week (this took effect June 11; since April, the #150 has been operating on weekends and holidays only)
These changes are in addition to the service increase in April on the 620 Tsawwassen Ferry/Bridgeport Stn to meet BC Ferries arrivals and departures.
See all the service changes coming in June!
Please note that the info above only captures the major changes this year — there are many smaller adjustments that are going on all over the region!
So for the full information on the June service changes, please visit the Transit Service Changes section of our website.
If you have any questions about your particular trips, feel free to contact our Customer Information line at 604-953-3333.
And please do share this info with anyone who might be affected!