A big announcement today! Starting December 1, 2012 commuters in Langley and east Surrey can now ride the new #555 bus over the Port Mann Bridge!
The 555 will take commuters between the new Carvolth Transit Exchange and Park and Ride on 202nd Street in Langley and Braid SkyTrain Station in New Westminster.
The details on the 555
The 555 is planned to operate seven days a week, and will run every 10 minutes in each direction during peak periods—Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.—and every half hour the rest of the time, with the last bus leaving each terminus at 11 p.m. It’s expected to generate 3,000 to 4,000 boardings per day.
You’ll have several options for connecting to the new service at the Carvolth Transit Exchange and Park and Ride:
- Taking transit: the #388, #501, #502, #509, #590 and #595 will now connect to Carvolth.
- Cycling: there will be 10 bicycle lockers at Carvolth with rack space for 10 more bikes. Locker rental information here!
- Carpooling: 15 designated carpool vehicle parking spots will be assigned through a lottery system; carpoolers must register online at travelsmart.ca by December 7 to be part of the lottery.
- Getting dropped off: 14 spaces have been designated “kiss-and-ride”
- Driving: with 650 regular parking spaces, 14 wheelchair-accessible vehicle spaces and 10 motorcycles spaces.
Please be aware that Carvolth will cost $2 a day to park there, to help provide efficient space. But as an introductory offer, parking will be free for all vehicles until March 31, 2013!
More bus service changes coming December 3, 2012
December 3 also marks the start of our regular winter bus service changes, where we adjust our service to better match demand.
Make sure to read the full list of December 3 service changes here! The highlights include:
- Late-evening trips on the #502 Surrey Central Station/Langley Centre have been heavily used, so two more trips will be added leaving Surrey Central at 9:15 p.m. and 9:45 p.m., extending 15-minute frequency by an additional hour.
- Midday service on the #410 22nd St. Stn/Railway in Richmond will increase to every 10 minutes instead of every 12 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- To better match transit ridership with demand, and provide more efficient service, the #153 Coquitlam Rec Ctr/Braid Stn and #157 Coquitlam Rec Ctr/Lougheed Stn will now be served by Community Shuttles on weekends and holidays.
- Midday service on the C40 Port Coquitlam Station/Meridian is being cancelled due to low customer usage.
For more information…
Remember, you can find the full list of December 3 service changes here!
As well, on the go, you can find up-to-date transit information in real time by visiting TransLink’s mobile website.
If you have any questions about your particular trips, feel free to contact our Customer Information line at 604-953-3333.
And please do share this info with anyone who might be affected!