Bike to Work Week hosted by HUB Cycling begins today!
Cycling is a great way of getting around plus it’s one of the healthiest and most enjoyable ways to travel.
This week volunteers will be out at 40 celebration stations along bike routes to cheer on riders, give out free snacks, coffee and help with bike repairs.
Bike to Work Week includes over $20,000 of prizes, daily draws for new bikes and a bike trip for 2 to Vietnam from Exodus Travels.
To be eligible for prize draws, you can register for free at bikehub.ca/registration.
Here are some tips for this week:
1. Plan Your Route Ahead of Time. Take bike routes, whenever possible.
2. Use a U-Lock or Folding Lock, not a Cable Lock.
3. Use a Basket, Pannier or Backpack to carry your stuff.
4. Always keep lights and rain gear in your bag just in case.
5. Wear Your Regular Clothes if possible. Ride at a leisurely pace and you will still look great upon arrival.
Curious about gear for fall biking? Fear not, HUB has got you covered!
Check out this fun bike fashion video from their Bike to Work Week launch party.
The week wraps up on Friday, October 30th with a Halloween Bike Wrap-up Party at Oxford Properties’ Oceanic Plaza.
Everyone is welcome to join HUB staff, volunteers and sponsors for free treats, hot chocolate, bike repairs and costumed fun.
Author: Adrienne Coling