We’re about to start our much needed upgrades to Joyce-Collingwood Station.
Once complete, the upgrades will improve accessibility, capacity, safety and security at the fourth busiest Expo Line station outside of Downtown Vancouver.
Some of the changes you will see
- New elevator and up and down escalators in the east stationhouse.
- Improved station design with better lighting and visibility.
- Better integration with the community for easier SkyTrain connections.
On site setup is expected to begin late this month.
During the first few weeks, equipment will be brought in and hoarding (fencing) will be installed around work areas. Construction is expected to continue until fall 2017.
What to expect as construction begins
Construction impacts include noise, traffic disruptions, and changes to SkyTrain service and station access. Our top priority is the safety of the public, passengers, employees, and contractors.
Work will be focused on the east stationhouse. Ongoing information about construction impacts can be found on the Joyce-Collingwood Station Upgrades page. Please note that timelines are subject to change based on construction activity.
- Beginning in late-January, hoarding (fencing) will be installed on the platform and outside the east stationhouse, which will affect how you can enter and exit the stationhouse. Watch for entrance/exit signs to help you get around.
- A temporary staircase will be built in the east stationhouse in February. Once complete, you’ll only be able to exit the east stationhouse until construction is complete fall 2017. Use the west stationhouse to enter the station, and watch for signs to help you get around.
- Single tracking of SkyTrains in the area may be required.
- Neighbours of the station can expect varying levels of nighttime noise while trains aren’t operating. Notifications will be sent in advance of particularly noisy work.
Got questions? We’re here to help!
Customer Service: 604.953.3333
Monday to Friday: 4 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Overnight Station Upgrade Customer Service: 1.866.979.0930
Monday to Friday: 12:30 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 11:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.