Pssssst….check out our new buses!
We know that additions to the transit fleet, whether they be buses, a new SeaBus or the much-anticipated Mark III SkyTrain cars are always of big interest to you, our readers and riders.
With that in mind, get ready and get set for some new buses (with allllllllll the info) that have hit the streets and buses on order for the coming months!
Buses on the way
Right now, we’re in the middle of two deliveries of buses:
- 62 – 2016 Chevrolet/Giradin G5 Microbird cutaway Community Shuttles (16501-16562).
These will be entering service now through the fall.
- 40 – 40-foot diesel New Flyer Xcelsior buses [XD 40’s](16101-16140) and five West Vancouver Xcelsior buses (1601-1605 ) will be in service by the fall.
- An additional 26 – 2016 Hybrid Artics are arriving beginning late this year (16201-16226).
Bonus! All these buses are air conditioned!
More buses will be rolling out of the new Hamilton Transit Centre, opening in September, during the autumn months.
This delivery will be for 51 Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) buses [XN40’s] (16001-16051).
FYBI (For your bus information):
- 25 – 2012 XDE60, AC equipped, 60’ Hybrid Articulated buses in Richmond, they are the 12000-series buses
- 17 – 2012 XD40, A/C equipped, 40’ Diesel buses in West Vancouver (1201-1217)
- 45 – 2014 XN40, A/C equipped, 40’ CNG buses in Port Coquitlam (14000-series buses)
- 21 – 2015 XDE60, AC equipped, 60’ Hybrid Articulated buses (15000-series buses operated in Burnaby and Surrey, which entered service earlier this year)
There you go bus fans, all the new bus information you can handle for one post :)
Thanks to Juan Sanchez (loyal Buzzer blog reader and transit enthusiast) for his interest in the newest buses in Richmond that sparked this post.
You can check out his photos of the buses in action here.
Author: Adrienne Coling