As you may well know, upgrades to Joyce–Collingwood Station are underway!
The upgrades will improve accessibility, capacity, safety and security at the fourth busiest Expo Line Station outside of Downtown Vancouver.
- New elevator and up and down escalators in the east stationhouse
- Improved station design with better lighting and visibility
- Better integration with the community for easier SkyTrain connections
- The majority of ground-level demolition work is now complete.
- Installation of concrete columns and footings to support the new east stationhouse is ongoing.
- Painting work has begun.
On July 24, 2016, construction crews are switching out the power source at the station. During this time, several bus stops will be relocated from 5:30 p.m. to end of service to in order to give crews the space they need to work. Signs will be installed at the bus loop to direct customers to their stop. Escalators and elevators will also be out of service during this time.
Below is a summary of what customers can expect at the station over the coming months:
- The east entrance will remain closed until upgrades are complete in fall 2017, when the project is expected to be complete.
- Steel and roofing work is expected to begin later this summer.
- Noise associated with large construction projects, including nighttime work with varying levels of noise while trains are not operating will continue.
Thank you for your patience as we complete these much-needed upgrades to the Joyce–Collingwood Station and stay tuned for additional updates throughout the project.
Have questions? We’re here to listen!
Customer Information: 604.953.3333
Monday to Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Overnight Station Upgrade Customer Service: 1.866.979.0930
Monday to Friday: 12:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 11:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
For more information visit:
Author: Jennifer Morland