I Love Transit: Share the love and win!

buzzer_header_templateIf you love transit and you know it, clap your hands… and then enter the the I Love Transit contest!

We know it isn’t I Love Transit week JUST yet, but we couldn’t wait any longer!

This is your chance to show the world what you love about riding buses, SkyTrain, SeaBus and West Coast Express in Metro Vancouver. For instance:

I love transit because… it helps me get me where I’m going without worrying things like gas prices or driving in gridlock traffic.

I love transit because… I use my commute for some “me time” whether that be reading, listening to music or enjoying the scenery whizzing past.

Now it’s time for you to get creative as you tell us why you love transit.i_love_transit_2016_banner_300x90

Snap a photo, write a Haiku, draw a picture, perform a song, or however you want to show transit some love then share that on social media with our hashtag.

The Prize!

• A Monthly Pass on your Compass Card!
  • A tote bag
  • Transit swag
  • A special secret prize!

How do I enter?

Twitter

• Follow @TransLink and send a tweet to us that includes and completes this sentence:

@TransLink #Ilovetransit because…

• An acceptable entry (on many levels): “@TransLink #ILoveTransit because it allows me to sleep more!”
  • Be sure to include the correct #Ilovetransit hashtag and complete the sentence to be entered
  • Accounts must be public to participate

Instagram

• Follow @TransLinkBC and post a selfie on transit or a great photo from anywhere across the system with a caption that includes and completes this sentence:

@TransLinkBC #Ilovetransit because…

• Please note that we’re @TransLinkBC on Instagram, not @TransLink—that’s somebody else’s account!
  • Remember to use the hashtag and not just tag us in your photo
  • Accounts must be public to participate

The Buzzer blog

• Leave a comment on this post that completes the sentence:

I love transit because…

Rules

Check out the I LOVE TRANSIT 2016 contest terms and conditions, but here’s the lowdown:

• The Contest will open on August 23, 2016 and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on September 2, 2016. Late entries will not be considered.
  • One entry per channel, per person so make it count! You can enter up to three times in total.
  • The Monthly Pass will be for one, two, or three zones, depending on where the winner travels.
  • We’ll announce the winners from a random draw on the blog, Twitter and Instagram!
  • To be fair to everyone, one person cannot win all three draws. So, if we draw your name for one of the channels, you will be excluded from the other two Monthly Pass draws.

Photos may be used in the print Buzzer, the Buzzer blog, tweeted by @TransLink, posted on the TransLink Facebook page and @TransLinkBC Instagram account.

Author: Adrienne Coling

• By Gavin McLeod, August 23, 2016 @ 12:30 pm

I love transit because:
    It is the most sustainable form of transportation next to walking and bicycling.
    It removes single occupancy vehicles from the road.
    I don’t have to worry about parking.
    I can catch up on my reading and don’t have to worry about negotiating heavy vehicle traffic.
    I get a nice walk to and from transit locations.
    I can enjoy a few alcoholic drinks and not worry about impaired driving.

• By Jenny Nguyen-Don, August 23, 2016 @ 1:23 pm

I love transit because sometimes if the bus I’m on is in slow traffic, I can play Pokemon Go in the comfort of my bus seat. It’s also the only way I can get around to go to school, work, gym, and anywhere else I am heading, so without it, I probably wouldn’t do anything with my life and just stay at home and eat. My morning commute is long enough for me to catch up on sleep, so that’s also a plus. Love you, Transit.

• By Andrew Rose, August 23, 2016 @ 3:08 pm

I love transit because…
    it is a cost effective way for me to get around Greater Vancouver.
    I also love transit, especially Skytrain, as the above street grade elevation gives wonderful views of our beautiful cities.

• By Angela, August 23, 2016 @ 4:36 pm

I love transit because I can leave the driving to someone else while I enjoy the scenery.

• By Dennis, August 23, 2016 @ 8:42 pm

I love transit because it gets me to work faster than driving.

• By mike, August 24, 2016 @ 1:37 am

I love transit because the new compass card system rocks and i dont have to worry about buying those faresavers to save $$ anymore. it’s super convenient to pay for fares now

• By Ethen, August 24, 2016 @ 10:17 am

I love transit because I can feel great about not burning excess gas, and not contributing to congestion. I can also save money on long trips, and enjoy the scenery!
    I love transit!

• By peter., August 24, 2016 @ 12:12 pm

I love transit because

traffic! parking! no!
    I love that I don’t give a care
    transit gets me there

• By Seamus Greene (IG; retro_wizard), August 24, 2016 @ 1:55 pm

i can do this!

(you need to see this image to get it)

• By Josh, August 24, 2016 @ 3:40 pm

I love transit because the Skytrain is cool!

• By Tommy, August 25, 2016 @ 7:56 am

I love transit because it has more air conditioned bus and skytrain in services.

• By Thomas, August 25, 2016 @ 12:21 pm

I love transit because I can sit back relax and take in the sights, and enjoy knowing that compared to the average driver, not only am I helping reduce vehicle emissions, but save a lot of money while doing so.

• By Kimberly, August 29, 2016 @ 3:54 pm

I love transit because I admittedly enjoy people watching, and because parking is a pain in the butt. And as a student, it’s one of the best ways to be frugal with transportation!

• By Jeremy, September 1, 2016 @ 12:47 pm

I love transit because here in Vancouver, SkyTrain is fast, safe, efficient, and convenient! Buses are frequent too and throw in friendly kind drivers along with comfy Orion V highway coaches! SkyTrain is also growing constantly so it could hold the record for having the world’s longest automated and driverless metro system (at least after the Evergreen Line) for a pretty long time! Even with some flaws here and there and comparing with Hong Kong public transport system (MTR, various franchise and non-franchise buses, trams, etc.), I still love Vancouver system more over Hong Kong!

• By Jeremy, September 1, 2016 @ 12:51 pm

On a side note there’s an issue with the twitter link. The URL is this (http://www,twitter.com/translink) when it’s supposed to be this (http://www.twitter.com/translink).

• By Franklin Leung, September 1, 2016 @ 8:14 pm

I love transit because it is predictable and dependable. Gets me to where on I want to in a time window I can check weeks in advanced.

• By Stephanie, September 2, 2016 @ 6:04 pm

I love transit because once you get a hang of the schedule and the ways on how to check it, it is reliable.

It promotes exercise as well, walking and running to and from the bus stops, climbing up and down the stations too.

You also get to see interesting people from all walks of life and age groups. Children that are very excited during Skytrain rides are my personal favorite. Hearing kids say “we’re up in the sky!” and when they are amazed at other trains passing by always makes me smile.

And last but not the least, the Skytrains are cool! They offer a great view to Metro Vancouver’s gorgeous scenery, and I don’t have to worry about driving to and from work. I get to read, play a game or watch tv shows during my commute.

• By Brandon Mccully, September 25, 2017 @ 10:38 pm

i love transit because i don’t have to deal wit traffic it gets me were i need to go and its super reliable
    best service ever thank you transit for always being there for me when i need it most!

RSS feed for comments on this post.