BYD (Build your Dreams) is an all-electric bus manufacturers in North America, Europe and Asia.
They loaned CMBC a beautiful, brand new 40’ LFS electric bus to demo at a number of our depots and office locations this week.
Today, it was right here at Sapperton – TransLink’s HQ!
So, I took it upon myself to wonder down and have a look.
Some features of these buses:
- Environmentally friendly, non-toxic, BYD Iron-Phosphate Battery powered. In fact, this battery at full charge will allow for about 250 km of driving and the battery lasts for 4000 charges meaning one battery can last a bus 1,000,000 kms!
- Because it is 100% electric, there are zero emissions
- Energy recovery and battery recharging through optimal regenerative braking which reduces brake component wear
- Highly efficient and powerful AC in-wheel hub motors provide instant torque to perform in all driving conditions
- Bi-directional AC charging allows full charging from 0-100% within four hours and the bus can be used as a mobile generator
Take a look at this beauty!
For more specs and information on this bus, check out this brochure.
Author: Adrienne Coling