On Friday we announced the official completion of New Westminster Station upgrades taking the total completed stations from two to three. This was the latest of seven key SkyTrain stations and exchanges across the transit network that TransLink is currently in the process of upgrading.
The completed upgrades at New Westminster Station include:
- A new elevator and escalators to improve access for customers with disabilities
- Improved lighting throughout the station
- Glass panels to replace the mesh screens and improve station visibility from street level
- Better integration with the surrounding community to make it easier to connect to and from the SkyTrain system
- New public art that improves the experience of riders
These upgrades mean improved passenger capacity, accessibility, safety and overall customer experience for our customers.