Saturday July 1 marks Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation!
SkyTrain, SeaBus, and bus will all be running on a Sunday/Holiday schedule with additional service to help you get to and from your Canada Day celebrations.
Beginning at 4 p.m., access to Waterfront Station will be modified to ensure customer comfort and safety during crowded periods. The Howe Street entrance will become exit only. SkyTrain staff and Transit Police will be on hand to redirect customers to the Cordova Street entrance.
As well, a reminder that new transit fares take effect on July 1 to help fund the largest transit expansion in nearly a decade. Fares will increase 5 to 10 cents for single fares, 25 cents for DayPasses and $1 to $2 for Monthly Passes.
- Increased service – During the day and during peak service following the fireworks.
- Extended service hours – The first train from King George Station is at 7:08 a.m.; last train from Waterfront Station at 1:16 a.m; the last train from VCC-Clark is at 1:29 a.m.
- SkyTrain stations will have modified access to ensure customer comfort and safety.
- Canada Line Rush-hour peak service, with every available train in service after the Canada Place fireworks.
- The last Canada Line train will leave Waterfront for Richmond–Brighouse at 1:15 a.m.
- Most bus routes will operate on Sunday/holiday schedules.
Please be advised that due to events across the region, many buses are being detoured or re-routed on July 1 and July 2. For a full list of bus detours, visit translink.ca/alerts or use Trip Planner.
- First sailing: Lonsdale Quay at 8:02 a.m. and Waterfront at 8:16 a.m.
- SeaBus will run every 15 minutes from 8:15 a.m. to 11:45 p.m.
- After 11:45 p.m., SeaBus will run every 30 minutes until 1:22 a.m.
West Coast Express
- The train leaves Mission at 11 a.m. and arrives at Waterfront Station by 12:15 p.m.
- The return trip will leave Waterfront at 7 p.m.
For the first time, West Coast Express will run a Canada Day Express train to get you to Canada Day festivities!
Monday, July 3
- Regular fares apply.
- Expo and Millennium and Canada lines will operate regular Monday service.
- SeaBus will operate normal Monday service with sailings every 15 minutes until 9 p.m.
- Some bus routes will operate modified schedules. For up-to-date transit information, use Trip Planner or visit translink.ca/alerts
- West Coast Express will not operate.
Know before you go!
Use our handy Trip Planner to check your route and schedule times prior to leaving. The information noted here is subject to change. For the latest and most up-to-date information, bookmark translink.ca on your mobile device so you can know on the go.
Customer Information can be reached at 604.953.3333 or tweet us @TransLink.
Using transit for your return trip? Avoid lining up and buy your return Compass ticket for your return trip in advance. See something that isn’t safe on transit? Text 87-77-77, call 604-515-8300 or download the app to notify Transit Police.
Have a fun and safe Canada Day everyone!
Author: Sarah Kertcher