And it looks like this is just the beginning because there is another dumping of the white stuff forecasted to hit the region.
That means lots of extra safety and operational procedures to keep the transit system running smoothly and safely.
Remember! Buses can only go as the traffic allows. Be sure to check your municipality’s website for snow removal schedules and give yourself some extra time for your transit trip.
Read more »
Attention all shoppers!
We expect a significant increase of passengers at Metrotown Station accessing the mall for this year’s Black Friday sales.
To ensure the safety of all passengers and the public:
- Always cross at designated crosswalks and follow pedestrian signs, traffic signals and directions from traffic flaggers.
- Remain behind barricades at all times, and do not jaywalk or cut across the high-traffic bus loop.
- Be courteous to other passengers and vehicles.
- Make use of both exits at the station. The west exit only staircase is often less busy and is a quicker way to exit the platform.
We’ve added additional traffic flaggers to help pedestrians safety cross the street and more SkyTrain attendants will be at the station to help direct customers in and out of the station.
Customers who require elevator or escalator access can use one of the shuttles to connect to Metrotown Station.
The HandyDART and Community Shuttles that have been running since the elevator was taken out of service will continue to run until the new elevators are open.
The HandyDART operates approximately every 20 to 30 minutes between Metrotown and Patterson stations during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sundays and Holidays: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Passengers travelling with strollers can take the Community Shuttle to Metrotown Station from Patterson or Royal Oak stations. The Community Shuttle operates daily between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. every 20 to 30 minutes.
While both shuttles are running, service will run between Metrotown and Patterson stations approximately every 15 to 20 minutes.
Author: Jessica Hewitt