ALERT! :  More info

Photo and video of Canada Line opening day

A Canada Line train at Lansdowne Station on opening day. Photo by <a href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennistt/>Dennis Tsang</a>.

A Canada Line train at Lansdowne Station on opening day. Photo by Dennis Tsang.

Whoosh — Canada Line’s opening day is over! And several readers have emailed in some terrific photos and video of the huge event for everyone to look at. Here’s a roundup:

Stories!

Check out the official opening day story post here. It’s picking up! Sungsu tells all about how he waited for 0 minutes during opening day :) And feel free to share your first ride experiences in that thread too, even if you didn’t ride on opening day.

Here’s some more blog posts from others about riding the Line: Regarding Place, the Vancouver LiveJournal community, Kim Werker, Stephen Rees, the Transport Politic, and John Chow’s blog, where he interviews people in the long Waterfront lineup in HD!

I’ll add these links to the main photo and video post and the first ride/opening day stories post.

Photos!

Video!

Ok, here’s my YouTube playlist featuring all the videos sent in so far!

However I thought I’d also include a list of the videos, since some are not on YouTube and others might not like playlists.

Send me more stuff

As always feel free to e-mail me with any other photo, video etc!

• By Backguy, August 18, 2009 @ 8:32 pm

Quick question for you. I read on another blog that the passports and stamps from opening day would still be floating around the stations for a few more days. Is this true, or was this just for opening day?

• By Alix, August 18, 2009 @ 10:24 pm

If you visit the shoptheline dot ca site listed at the front of your passports, there is a list of where you can find each of the stamps. Waterfront is at the canada place greeting centre, and Bridgeport is at the casino. They’ll have the stamps until Friday.

I met a few today out riding the trains that got all their stamps… And a few bonus stamps. Apparently the airport had three bonus stamps too.

I rode trains all day today. Nice system.

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, August 19, 2009 @ 9:29 am

Yes! You can still collect the stamps from retailers along the Canada Line. Everything (rules & retailers & more) can be found at shoptheline.ca (look on the right side of the page). But here’s a direct link to the list of retailers. It looks like you only need 8 of the 11 stamps, then you can go to shoptheline.ca to fill in an online ballot to win the prizes. The grand prize is a $4,000 package from the River Rock Casino, and other prizes include hundreds of dollars of gift cards from shopping centres along the Line.

• By Sungsu, August 19, 2009 @ 5:15 pm

Actually, I did have to wait, but only on the platform and on the train. Just no waiting in any lines. :-)

• By Lance, August 19, 2009 @ 9:12 pm

here are my pics, some from opening day and some from today: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23930&id=1636680009&l=195a91c5eb

• By Jhenifer Pabillano, August 21, 2009 @ 10:58 am

Thanks Lance! I’ll put it in the main post.

1. aqklodtmgpweyfhir sales — November 3, 2009 @ 1:29 am

2. The Buzzer blog » Canada Line turns one: photos from the opening, part 1 — August 17, 2010 @ 9:30 am

3. The Buzzer blog » Canada Line turns one: photos from the opening, part 2 — August 18, 2010 @ 11:42 am

4. The Buzzer blog » Canada Line turns one: photos from the opening, part 3 — August 19, 2010 @ 9:02 am

5. The Buzzer blog » Canada Line turns one: photos from the opening, part 4 — August 20, 2010 @ 1:58 pm