Whoosh — Canada Line’s opening day is over! And several readers have emailed in some terrific photos and video of the huge event for everyone to look at. Here’s a roundup:
Check out the official opening day story post here. It’s picking up! Sungsu tells all about how he waited for 0 minutes during opening day :) And feel free to share your first ride experiences in that thread too, even if you didn’t ride on opening day.
Here’s some more blog posts from others about riding the Line: Regarding Place, the Vancouver LiveJournal community, Kim Werker, Stephen Rees, the Transport Politic, and John Chow’s blog, where he interviews people in the long Waterfront lineup in HD!
- Again, please take a look through two Flickr groups for many many Canada Line photos: the Canada Line group and the Vancouver Transit group!
- Here’s Adam’s Picasa gallery.
- CJ also sent in his Facebook photo gallery.
- Adrian also has a Picasa gallery.
- The Vancouver Sun also has a gallery up. Look for the crazy pic of the Waterfront lineups on the outdoor plaza!
- Here’s a small gallery from Ron Higgs.
- Here’s one from Rvie!
- Also, CTV BC has a gallery up.
- And here’s the Buzzer blog‘s Flickr pictures: this is the opening ceremony, and here’s some randoms from opening day.
- Tafyrn and Seamora Palecloud have opening day galleries of Waterfront Station, Marine Drive Station, and the North Arm Bridge.
- Lance has also sent along a Facebook gallery of photos.
Ok, here’s my YouTube playlist featuring all the videos sent in so far!
However I thought I’d also include a list of the videos, since some are not on YouTube and others might not like playlists.
- Bikeway on Canada Line Bridge (technically this is from Aug 16, but I’ll allow it :)
- Langara 49th Avenue Station, with train pull in, departing, and on train towards Oakridge
- Crossing the North Arm bridge
- Under Vancouver
- Arriving at Waterfront
- Train leaving Vancouver City Centre
- Train ariving at Vancouver City Centre
- Heading inbound, arriving at Oakridge – 41st
Send me more stuff
As always feel free to e-mail me with any other photo, video etc!