ALERT!  More info

Links and tidbits for Tue Aug 10

Tidbits and links! If you have any to suggest, or a photo to showcase on these posts, e-mail me at thebuzzer@translink.ca! I’m especially in need of good photos to showcase.

• By ericmk, August 10, 2010 @ 3:50 pm

Interesting how the fight on the DC Metro was at Gallery Place-Chinatown and L’Enfant Plaza. I know those are pretty busy stations- imagine having a fight like that at Commercial-Broadway, Waterfront, or Metrotown and you’ll get the idea. And those Metro stations aren’t even in bad neighbourhoods, even late at night! The DC Metro has really gone downhill in recent years!

• By Elfren Ordanza, August 11, 2010 @ 12:25 pm

That is so cool. I wish we can install those for our transit system but it costs a lot of money and I don’t think we can afford to have those things. :(

• By Elfren Ordanza, August 11, 2010 @ 12:32 pm

I really find it very interesting and very convenient :). To decrease the traffic and to transport the passengers a bit faster. And I really find it safe to.

• By peter b, August 11, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

tidbits? This is more like a feast that’s going to take me a day to graze through!!!!

The link on fare checking in berlin is not opening for me today — might have to eat that one for breakfast tomorrow.

• By Cliff, August 13, 2010 @ 5:24 am

I really liked the idea of that bus that goes above the traffic. Just imagine those things over streets like Granville in downtown.

Livin’ in the future!

• By ???, August 13, 2010 @ 6:49 am

I thought it was a great idea too, until I thought about
    -pedestrains that would criss-cross the surface tracks
    -cars waiting at intersections to turn left and right, but pedestrains are crossing it it’s path
    -what would happen to passengers above if a truck lost control and struck the supports on the side….. how much would it cost and how long to repair?
    -street lights would need to be recessed
    -perhaps it would be best on Hwy 99

• By Cliff, August 13, 2010 @ 8:37 am

For the freeway, these don’t make too much sense, because as few as our freeways are, they do have wide rights of way. There’s ample room to run LRT instead of something like this and at much cheaper costs.

The truck issue is something to be concerned about, but why build so low? Build high enough to go over even the highest vehicles. Problem solved.

1. Tweets that mention The Buzzer blog » Links and tidbits for Tue Aug 10 -- Topsy.com — August 10, 2010 @ 1:58 pm