Following our consultation and now upgrades of Main Street-Science World Station, the first of two open houses starts today on upgrades to Metrotown Station.
We apologize for not updating our readers earlier. These latest open houses, which are part of the Expo Line Upgrade Strategy, start today. Here’s the open house info:
Tuesday, June 4, 2013 – 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.- Metrotown SkyTrain Station East ground-level entrance
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 – 2:30pm – 5:30 p.m. – Metrotown SkyTrain Station East Ground-level entrance
For a complete list of what the planned upgrades are and other info, you’ll want to go to the TransLink website. Here’s a quick list:
- Up and down escalators from grade level to the platform at both ends
- Replacing the existing elevator and adding a second one
- An improved bus exchange with faster connections between SkyTrain and buses
- Better integration with the surrounding neighbourhood.
- Faregates and associated equipment
- Other station features under consideration include: expanded bike storage including a secure bike parking area, upgraded wayfinding and lighting and other customer amenities.
We hope you’re able to get to the station to see what is being planned. If not, I’ll make sure that any questions you have about the upgrades get answered a.s.a.p!