ALERT! :  More info

Here are some interesting stats for you, as of Wednesday Sept 25 afternoon:

Total number of Compass Cards in use: 8.721

Total number of taps: 472,456

Number of unique journeys to-date: 142,702

Number of buses used: 1,489

Number of routes used: 226

We have something fun for you today! As I’ve mentioned, in addition to the general Beta testing, we have been doing additional small group tests of our Compass Vending Machines, fare gates and automated phone system.

These tests are an important part of Beta testing, and we had a lot of fun watching volunteers use the system and telling us what they think.

We have put together a couple of short videos that capture some of our experiences.

This one was taken at Waterfront Station and shows volunteers getting a sneak peek at the Compass Vending Machines:

And we know a lot of you are wondering what the response time of the fare gates is like. Here’s a video that shows them in action:

What do you think?

• By maggie bethel, September 27, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

I am very disappointed I was on the website to try out the compass passes as soon as they came out and I did not recieve mine I am still waiting. please can you send I am still waiting thank you kindly

• By Robert Willis - Buzzer Editor, September 27, 2013 @ 3:52 pm

Hi Maggie,

FYI I edited out a portion of your comment for confidentiality. I’ve also forwarded on your comment to the Compass team to look into. We’ll find an answer for you!

• By maggie bethel, September 30, 2013 @ 3:04 pm

Hi there I am retuning your e.mail in regards to compass pass . I had used bethel as allways . It seems that’ you are unable to find my e mail not sure why . The addresses is 7737 mary ave burnaby bc v3n3g9 thank you kindley

• By maggie bethel, September 30, 2013 @ 3:08 pm

No worries thank you please take my info off the web page thank you

• By Elfren Ordanza (VanTransitFan), October 7, 2013 @ 9:31 am

I’m loving the looks of the operation of the fare gates. :)

• By Elfren Ordanza (VanTransitFan), October 7, 2013 @ 9:33 am

So I guess you may tap in also as soon the person in front of you have tapped in to enter.

• By Pamela Findling - Buzzer Contributor, October 7, 2013 @ 9:51 am

HI, Elfren. Yes, you’re exactly right.