You’ve probably noticed that Main Street–Science World Stations is getting some much needed upgrades. Work is moving along at the east side of the station, and the second phase of construction is about to start.
To keep the station open during this phase of construction, SkyTrain will operate a special two-car train, Train2Main, to get customers to and from the station.
Do you travel to/from Main Street-Science World Station?
Train2Main service will start March 30 and operate for approximately six months. Here’s some helpful information:
- Train2Main will provide service to and from Main Street-Science World from Waterfront, Burrard, Granville, Stadium-Chinatown and Commercial-Broadway Stations.
- Regular four and six car trains on the Expo Line and Millenium Line will operate as normal during this time, except they will not stop at Main Street–Science World Station.
- Passengers travelling to Main Street-Science World from the east will transfer to Train2Main at Commercial-Braodway station.
- Passengers travelling to Main Street-Science World from downtown Vancouver will use the Train2Main.
- Passengers using Train2Main should plan 10 minutes of extra travel time.
Thanks for your patience as we make these much-needed improvements at Main Street-Science World Station. When complete in winter 2014/15, the upgraded station will improve the overall customer experience at one of the busiest stations in the SkyTrain system. To learn more, visit www.translink.ca/ontrack.